ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Clio 1.2 16v refuses to start

Clio mk4 1.5dci
This is a follow up to my last post regarding the trouble I had starting my Clio. Well now it`s refusing to start, the engine is turning over but it just won`t start & i`ve got no idea what`s causing it. The immobiliser is disarming as it should & there`s only the usual lights on the dash when it`s turning over.

Can anyone tell me if theres a wire or plug somewhere that might have come lose that just needs jiggling a bit or could summat have failed. I`ve checked the plug leads & I can hear the fuel pump humming as it does when trying to start, so I guess it ain`t the fuel pump. Any help would be appreciated asap because I ain`t looking forward to having catch the bus to work!

Ta
Rich

Storm Grey 200
This sounds familiar ;)

I had the same problem on my car, Changed...
TDC
Spark Plugs
Coil Pack
Temp Sensor
Map Sensor
Fixed the chauffing (sp) on the ECU loom

Turned out it was the cylinder head, All it well now :)

Clio mk4 1.5dci
What do you mean when you say it was the cylinder head Nick-89? Do you mean a f****ed head gasket? maybe I should mention that the car has only done 28k

If I manage to get it started tomorrow, then i`m going straight to halfords to buy a new bike!

Clio mk4 1.5dci
Could a loose wire to the starter solenoid cause this problem? but surely if it`s a loose wire to the solenoid then the starter wouldn`t turn at all.

Storm Grey 200
There was a crack in the head gasket making it a b**ch to start by the end it just wouldnt go