ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Clio 1.2 2003 k&n soup ins any good?

LeeRS

ClioSport Club Member
to be honest, I have no idea.
although, if it was me I wouldn't be spending that much on one.
not sure if the fattys induction setup works on a 1.2?
If it does, go fo that instead at £30.

Renault Clio 1.2
Anyone else? I just want to know what the sound difference is , people say its goood and some say it's not so good , if it's decent I'll order it

-Jamie-

ClioSport Club Member
Why don't you just save that money for something worthwhile, Like an actual quick Clio instead of wasting money of making your 1.2 sound like every other chavs Clio?

LeeRS

ClioSport Club Member
don't know anyone on here who runs one.
some will probably say its good, others will say its bad. So your still in the same situation.

Clio 2.0 16v 182
My 1.2 sounds better with a cone filter but it's a 16v and I've done some injection tuning as its my practice model. Can't say it will sound a dream but it will sound better than the usual flat high sounds you're probably used to.

Don't spend over £40 on it. Not worth it imo

Renault Clio 1.2
I just want to know the sound difference , ive seem videos and they sound pretty nice , even if it is a 'chav' sound , it's better than the standard box and ive had all my engine bay dipped in sticker Bomb etc so a k&n would finish it off really

Dom_capper

ClioSport Club Member
  2012 Renault Clio
It will give it a deeper throaty sound yes, and droan on the motorway, but it sounds much less chavy than a 2.5" exhaust

R3k1355

Absolute wetter.
ClioSport Club Member
it's better than the standard box and ive had all my engine bay dipped in sticker Bomb etc so a k&n would finish it off really

In what way, making it look entirely s**t??

Each to their own and that, but come on, you'll look like a right pillock if show off that engine bay.

BoatNonce

ClioSport Club Member
It will give it a deeper throaty sound yes, and droan on the motorway, but it sounds much less chavy than a 2.5" exhaust

I can't say I ever had drone on the motorway with mine. Yes, if you were flat out trying to do 110mph everywhere, but sat at 70mph it was no louder than standard. That's the beauty of induction noise - you control it completely. A noisy exhaust is always noisy to some extent but a K&N is only noisy when you floor it. Agreed on sounding far less chavvy than an exhaust too.

This was mine;

That was a K&N 57i too, but mine looked different to the one in the link - mine was an 8v engine.

I'd say it was one of the better mods I did to my 1.2. It was never going to be a fast or particularly good sounding car, but it made it more fun when you were flogging it.

Clio 2.0 16v 182
In what way, making it look entirely s**t??

Each to their own and that, but come on, you'll look like a right pillock if show off that engine bay.

Would it be better if he did every thing exactly the same way as everyone else? Maybe he should just get some white rattle cans and do a sheep paint job?

ADS_V6

ClioSport Club Member
  Seat Leon
its your car do what you want,we all had to start somewhere enjoy what you have and put the kn filter on,would be boring if we all had the same things etc

Renault Clio 1.2
I'll get one , things just drying done engine cover in blue sticker Bomb and fuse box in a new sticker Bomb , looks mint. Pipercross on it atm , but pile of **** so changing it

Dom_capper

ClioSport Club Member
  2012 Renault Clio
If the piper cross is a cone filter the sound shouldn't be too different, if it's a panel, the K&N will make you smile.