ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Clio 1.2 8V 0-60 video

Rob

ClioSport Moderator
All of those out there with 8v's should consider an induction kit, ignore how damn awful it looks, and the gaffa tape for the feed, but this was the single best mod I did to my 1.2.....

CIMG1920copy.jpg

Any filter will do on the end, but a 90 degree elbow towards the front of the engine, and an open filter made the car so much more driveable, in my old car, the rev's really used to hold back, and when taking your foot off the throttle off highish revs the car would lurch violently and slow down rapidly, opening up the breathing really helped this.

As said, there are MUCH prettier ways to do this, but the cost of this was minimal and I was a student :)

Megane 225 F1
Just make sure it's in securely. My mates fell off an he had no idea until I pointed it out to him. He wondered why his car was thirsty like Jesus after his 40days....

Audi TTS S Tronic
Lol Martin, I hope that's downhill or + Nitrous?

If not, when you selling ;)?

I counted 0-60 in 7-8 seconds. That's pretty good!

Last edited:
  182 Trophy
lol downhill, that was more like dropped off a cliff LOL, 1.216v doing 0-60 quicker than a twingo 133, LOL

Rob

ClioSport Moderator
LOL! It could have been as long as it worked.

When its a 1.2, you get whatever is as cheap as possible, adds a bit of noise and allows the car to breathe, didn't care about it looking fancy ;)

Martin_172

ClioSport Club Member
Lol Martin, I hope that's downhill or + Nitrous?

If not, when you selling ;)?

I counted 0-60 in 7-8 seconds. That's pretty good!

lol sold it 3 years ago! and how did you count lol it launches at 2 seconds and hits 65mph indicated (lets say thats 60 odd gps) at 13 so probably somewhere between 10 and 11 seconds, was RR'd at 85bhp and stripped out!