ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

clio 1.2 coilovers

low and smooth 1.poo
I have a mk2 ph3 1.2 16v 2004. is it 52mm spacing, and does anyone know where to get any cheapo coilovers from. TA technics for example? wouldn't mind some round 200 mark?

CLIO-Si

ClioSport Club Member
  1.6Si + 182
ebay rokkor clio 58 mm 168,just bought and in the process off fitting this weekend,got the rears done today just gettin the fronts done tmoro

low and smooth 1.poo
am not sure fella, i just read bits and pieces and thought it was 52mm.. can anyone confirm for a 2004 mk2 ph3 clio wot spacing it is.. 52 or 58mm?

cheers

CLIO-Si

ClioSport Club Member
  1.6Si + 182
yeah th ph3 will surely have diff setups,iv jus got th set on my clio tday got abit off a camber issue on th pass wheel an th allignments out:(

Struggler

ClioSport Club Member
  Ph1 track 172
If it's 52mm, cheapest way to get on coilovers is to get the rokkor set, and some new (58mm) hubs!

low and smooth 1.poo
how much are the hubs usually mate? and what do i need to measure? where the shock bolts onto the hub? am not that good with mechanics lol but i no a bit

tbh, if you have got 52mm hubs, you could easily get the coilover holes machined to fit anyway - would be cheaper than faffing around buying all sorts of second hand parts!

Clio 1.2
aye am gunna but i want to know am checkin the right thing ..

If you put your wheels to full lock, look under the car and its the 2 bolts that connect the hub and shock. Measure from the top of one to the bottom of the other.

So can 58mm coilovers be machined to fit a 52mm spacing then?

Struggler

ClioSport Club Member
  Ph1 track 172
im not sure if the distance between the plates on the shock are different though,

i dont think you can machine them away because not only are the bolts further apart on the 58mm ones, the part that the shock bolts too is wider.

can usually pick up hubs for around £20 each, but look hard enough and you can find them cheaper.

Clio 1.2
im not sure if the distance between the plates on the shock are different though,

i dont think you can machine them away because not only are the bolts further apart on the 58mm ones, the part that the shock bolts too is wider.

can usually pick up hubs for around £20 each, but look hard enough and you can find them cheaper.

So is it just the hubs that need to be changed? Or anything else?

low and smooth 1.poo
i measured the bolt that the shock is attached to the hub with. it measured at 59-60mm. roughly. so i asume they are 58mm on my car. have i measured the right bit?

thanks for your help

low and smooth 1.poo
i measured the right thing now distance between the middle of each hole on the hub.. 58mm roughly