ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Clio 1.2 I want more power

Okay Dont laff or give me funnie or sarky comments, cause what i am about to ask is something i get funny remarks on...

Okay i own clio 1.2 (95/96) (bog standard)

I have worked on my exterior and got it styled very niceee -

I want to concentrate on the performance aspect i would like to no what i cud do to my engine to increase the power from it... within a sensible limit as in moneys wise...

Thank you !

The usuals:
K&N filter
Performance Exhaust
Chip
Spark plugs/leads etc
Cams
Turbo
Intercooler
New engine transplant.

Theres the usual shopping list but if I missed anything out boys/girls...

let us know!

Okay there goes a funnie comment on da engine transplant - cheers - rite

K&N filter - is there one that will fit ? Any recommendations - i have heard a lot about the green cotton air kits any difference ?

Exaust - could i just benefit from changing the back box if i incopareted the filter and the leads and plugs etc ?

Cupra K1 & Clio 200

Hey Zedt,

I just put a K&N induction kit onto my Clio 1.2 (2000) and its mint. I think ive noticed a slight increase in response but it gives a nice growl when you push it to about 5000 revs. Superb. It only took me about 30 minutes to fit aswell and im not a expert. Goto www.Amber-performance.co.uk. Good service. Giz a shout should u require any help!

Gengar

Okay cheers for the advice im currently investigating for a K&N for my clio - although i was wondering if i fitted the induction kit and i have planned for myself to fit an eckotek device - would this cause the mixture to run to lean or would i get a way with this. i have heard varied stories ? sum body put me rite plz - cheeeers !!! tim

Ive a K&N, performance zorst, and the CAT took off. Not sure if its faster, but its bloody louder Too loud infact! Think the CATs gonna have to go back on.

Basically your never going to make the 1.2 into a world beater. Save up for another engine is my advice..

The only benefit youll get from replacing the back box is the sound factor. You wont gain any power from just a replacement backbox i doubt.

Your best bet is to get the car breathing in and out right, before taking on anything else first.

Sort out a full stainless steel exhaust system (at least cat back) and get a cat replacement pipe. Ive just ordered a pipercross viper cold air induction kit and although these cost around 250 notes, they are meant to be considerably better than a standard induction kit.

If you get these things done first then you could start thinking about chipping the car or something else. Iwould sort out the breating of the car first.

Hope ive been a help?
Johnboy

Rite could somebody explain (cat bak) and the pipe etc.. im a newbie to this sooo much help would be appriciated ..

I do not want to opt out for the full exaust system sooo maybe what has just been stated could be my best option...
I understand no miracles can be performed wiv such a low spec engine but im young and insurace is high and im aware of what i declare i have done to my car will certainly increase my premium.. groooowl !!

cheers

Lionel Richie

johnboy???? is your car a dynamic 1.2 16v??? if it is, i didnt know pipercross did a viper for them. £250, you must be mad!!!!! i thought mine was expensive at £120!!!