ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Clio 1.2- New Mods (56k pour a beer!)

Quote: Originally posted by badinvincible on 22 July 2005

Nice and tasteful.

I think the rest of the strips needed coded too though.

Thats exactly what im lookin for! Tasteful, nice coment mate

Quote: Originally posted by badinvincible on 22 July 2005

What you need is a set of 17" OZ Super Leggeras in anthracite.
lol, are you still trying to blag a seller lol, Ill buy them for a fiver lol, im happy with my alloy thanks mate!

Thanks for the hi-jack lol

Do you like the mods mate?

Mazda MX5 1.8

you know when youve been fubared lol

get it lowered asap & hate that stupid exhaust trim! would look better with out it tbh

but excellent job on that coding inside and badge things

could of had a cliosport tax disk holder!!

Thnaks for your comments mate, I wasnt sure about the exhaust at first but I really like it now as nobody else has got ne thing like it.

I wanna get it lowered, but I dont wanna get springs cos I have heard stories about dodgy ride and wearing shocks, so I will be saving up for a kit.

I didnt know the cliosport tax thing existed until I had brought this one lol

LY182/NHB CTR

looks lovely really nicely done but i have to say the same as clio_chris when it comes to the exhaust trim sorry..

Quote: Originally posted by Evandim* on 22 July 2005

looks lovely really nicely done but i have to say the same as clio_chris when it comes to the exhaust trim sorry..

Cheers for comments, its only your opinion, no need to say sorry lol:D

Authentiques are dimpled 16vs are shamoootthh! Colour code it all, lower and remove exhaust tip but moving along nicely chap!

Djw John

Scotland - South
ClioSport Area Rep

Quote: Originally posted by rollin on 17s on 23 July 2005

Looks nice mate. Colour code it and slam it. Not a fan of the clip on tail pipe myself though

Ditto just highlights the standard exhaust imo (not a good thing!) but yeah looks like a good standard of work mate.

Christopher

ClioSport Club Member
  Z4M

Looks really nice. Clean, simple and effective.

Im not a fan of the chrome exhaust trim though. But each to their own.

Id paint the calipers silver next...and when money allows get it dropped.

--chris

looks good mat, lov the gearnob, was it hard getin the nob on? I am thinking of getin my done as its geting worn.

Golf R/Leon FR

not bad dude, get rid of exhaust tip and get a straight through ss exhaust.

lower it and colour code the side strips and it will be even nicer!!!

lower her, get a real exhaust and remove the clip on pipe, it does no favours, plus the rear lights just do not suit the car at all

Golf GTD

think it looks well smart, and im glad to see another authentique on here :D

not a fan of that exhaust tip mind, looks very "fiesta" ish.

182 Cup, (2nd one)

Look great mate, Had an 1.2 authentique in moondust silver before the 182 cup. Your modifications really suit the cars and it looks amazing Its good to see you are looking after your baby

Thanks very much for all the lovly comments, the gear knob is really easy to fit and makes the gearbox feel more racy, as the original gear knob dampens the feel a bit.

Cheers "Charlie B", yeah I love to get the car lookin its best.

Im temted to paint the calipers yellow, but im gona do some lookin around on the forum to see what looks best;).

Any photoshops with ideas would be great!

1.5 dci 106 Clio

hey ClioDude...the cars looking well sweet!
have to go with the crowd tho! not a fan of the exhaust tip! needs to go or be replaced with a s/s exhaust!!

quick question: how easy was the "1.2" badge and the inside trim to prepare and spray? it looks mint and something that i am considering, if a car im looking at comes to fruition!

can i just point out something that nobody has pointed out yet!!
You still have a tape deck!! wheres the cd/mp3 player?
if your looking for a cd player...i may have one for sale, if your interested??

Hiya mate, the trims are quite easy to take off you just have to just get a screwdriver in the right place, I looked up in my haynes manual to find out where they where.

I just gave the 1.2 ones a quick rub down with wet an dry then cleaned all the trims with meths, then I heated up the primer with a 1000watt light I have got sprayed all the trims with a light coat, then sprayed the silver very lightly for the first coat, then heated the trims on the light, then you spray the 2nd coat of silver very thick, I then stuck it under the light to avoid runs, then you leave them a week and spray a nice coat of laquer, bobs ya uncle.

I need a CD player lol, its bloddy horrible tha tape player, I never listen to it lol.

Octavia VRS

Looking good very subtle and tasteful. I think the strips look fine as is, could be "too silver" if you colour code imo. Again Id only say lower and remove the exhaust tip although it doesnt look too bad. Good job

[Edited by POW_Clio on 26 July 2005 at 4:31pm]

Cheers mate, yeah im not gona colour code, I like it as it is, I bought the lights so they would blend with the rear black strip so im not gona change that.

Lookin for a decent set of springs, ne recomendations?

K-tec exhaust commin next year:eek:

;)

I want those dimppled dash inserts!! Nice car tho, dont like the exhasut i would have left it hidden, and i would colour code it. But looks good.

you can have them for £50?! Its pretty easy to do it yourself as long as your not blind and deaf :oops:

The exhaust does look ok, but I wasnt trying to hide the fact it was standard, I wanted something quirkey, do you know ne body with an exhaust at that angle lol?

Cheers