ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Clio 1.2 project

Clio MK2
Recently bought my first car:
2005 Clio 1.2 16V
Started a few mods:
RS Grille
50mm lowering springs
Usual french flag on grill
Pressed plates
LEDs in number plate and sidelights

Got coilovers going on tomorrow.
Ideas for any new mods or changes??
upload_2017-1-27_11-42-38.jpeg

upload_2017-1-27_11-43-23.jpeg

upload_2017-1-27_11-43-36.jpeg

Listerine & Poledo
mod 1) A full tank of fuel
mod 2) drive it about as is
mod 3) Keep your money securely in a bank account until you can insure something worth pouring more money into.

Seriously though

1) put your coilovers on, since you've already got them....but remember you need to declare them on your insurance.
2) Some of the Clio 172 wheels (they look like 16" versions of what you have now, so look factory, just 'better')
3) Don't even pay the first thought towards "performance", it wont happen, it's a 1.2 Clio. Just roll around and accumulate some No Claims Bonus until you can sensibly upgrade the whole car in one go.

Good luck, keep it on the black stuff

Clio MK2
mod 1) A full tank of fuel
mod 2) drive it about as is
mod 3) Keep your money securely in a bank account until you can insure something worth pouring more money into.

Seriously though

1) put your coilovers on, since you've already got them....but remember you need to declare them on your insurance.
2) Some of the Clio 172 wheels (they look like 16" versions of what you have now, so look factory, just 'better')
3) Don't even pay the first thought towards "performance", it wont happen, it's a 1.2 Clio. Just roll around and accumulate some No Claims Bonus until you can sensibly upgrade the whole car in one go.

Good luck, keep it on the black stuff

Yeah mate I'm not looking to any performance mods, all mods have already been declared I'm not risking anything and insurance is still reasonably cheap, 17 year old £1300 fully comp.
Have also got a set of rota grids which I am fitting in a couple of weeks which take it up to £1400

Listerine & Poledo
Yeah mate I'm not looking to any performance mods, all mods have already been declared I'm not risking anything and insurance is still reasonably cheap, 17 year old £1300 fully comp.
Have also got a set of rota grids which I am fitting in a couple of weeks which take it up to £1400
Good lad.
Just stop spending money on it now, enjoy it for what you've got, then if it's still in good, unabused, order in a few years, it'll still be resale-able

Clio MK2
Good lad.
Just stop spending money on it now, enjoy it for what you've got, then if it's still in good, unabused, order in a few years, it'll still be resale-able

Yeah that's the plan, will keep it till my insurance drops a bit then I'll put the standard wheels on and sell it and keep my rotas for a car in the future

M90SR

ClioSport Club Member
Deffo 15mm or 20mm spacers. Makes a huge difference to the stance of the vehicle. K&N panel filter (reusable and makes a nicer sound on top end).
Silvertec Bulbs for indicators.
Also a useful mod is to spend £129.99 on a brembo break setup. Believe me once you get use to uprated pads, standard ones feel like rubbish. That and better tyre's if you do decide to go down the 172 alloy route. I recommend Michelin PS3 195 45 R16 82V XL :)

Clio MK2
Deffo 15mm or 20mm spacers. Makes a huge difference to the stance of the vehicle. K&N panel filter (reusable and makes a nicer sound on top end).
Silvertec Bulbs for indicators.
Also a useful mod is to spend £129.99 on a brembo break setup. Believe me once you get use to uprated pads, standard ones feel like rubbish. That and better tyre's if you do decide to go down the 172 alloy route. I recommend Michelin PS3 195 45 R16 82V XL :smile:

Cheers, will see how the rota grids look this week and see if they need spaces, yeah definitely looking into better brakes but not bothering about performance just stopping power

M90SR

ClioSport Club Member
Cheers, will see how the rota grids look this week and see if they need spaces, yeah definitely looking into better brakes but not bothering about performance just stopping power
Don't over look tyres! The difference in tyre means you can take corners 20mph quicker than you would on budgets. (Of course if within the speed limit ;) )

Clio MK2
Don't over look tyres! The difference in tyre means you can take corners 20mph quicker than you would on budgets. (Of course if within the speed limit :wink: )

Yeah fair enough but I'm more saying that I'm not focusing on performance such as induction kits, remap etc. And yes of course I always stick to speed limits