ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

CLio 1*2 Satnav

M3 SMG
Is it possible to retro fit?

Ive seen a few snaps of it and it certainly looks the part, anyone got it?

jenic

ClioSport Club Member
Supposed to be crap and out of date isnt it?

I think you'd be better fibreglassing some sort of mount/enclosure to hold a tomtom where the normal nav is, would look cool and be useful. Then hardwire power to it and mount the old display in it too.

Monaco Ph2 Clio 172
I have it in my 172. I used it just two days ago to get into London from Kent. The only real downside is the lack of postcode input. You have to have the actual address which can take a little getting used to. It has no touch screen either. But looks good being built in.

Mine was out of date but got a 2009 maps disc last year for under £20 on ebay. I sometimes just use it to have the map displayed for getting about, but usually have the whole thing on standby.

Track 172cup
had it in my 182 and don't know why people were making it out to be crap, i though it was fairly good, used it plenty of times and as long as you had an updated map disc (i had 2008) the it does the job, saying that most of your tom toms and garmins etc.. are that bit better so i wouldn't go to the expense of retrofitting it

you can do 5 digit postcode searches on the carminat system and then pick the street from there

M3 SMG
I'm guessing purchasing them from Renault would require lube?

Not seen any units on eBay it must be quite a rare option only seen a few with iit

Cayman S Edition 1
Had it on my clio 8 years ago. Total s**t mate, don't bother. Failed numerous times and had several replacement parts.

Track 172cup
I'm guessing purchasing them from Renault would require lube?

Not seen any units on eBay it must be quite a rare option only seen a few with iit

seriously mate it's not worth the £300+ they usually go for second hand (only ever seen 2 for sale)

your better off just getting another sat nav, if you want it built in then get the surround and try and fabricate it into that

Track 172cup
yeh thinking about it i'm sure your right mate, i'm sure the actual dash itself was silly money new from the stealers, the prices are in a thread on here somewhere from a while back

Iceberg 172
You'd be better off getting a top notch flip out screen head unit like a kenwood with the added sat nav option. Be a few quid but 100x better than the Clio one and it'll probably be cheaper!

I understand you wanting an OEM look though which is the reason I still have the STD head unit!

I've got it in my flamer. I do think it's a really good addition, although it isn't very good to actually use, due to lack of postcode input. I love the look of it.
My main issue is that mine is 8years old so sometimes I find that I am driving across land, according to the sat nave lol... But it has come in useful on a couple of occasions.

M3 SMG
What's henk?

I didn't have postcode input on my M3 and that was fine I don't use it extensively just thought it would be a nice own+ addition