ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Clio 1.4 S

Titanium 182
Looks nice mate, wheels look good!

Although it doesn't need lowering - It needs F'in sinking !

Ben

ClioSport Club Member
Looking good so far.

Regarding lowering, i have a set of eibachs im fitting tomorrow will let you know how i get on.

Thankyou, take a few pictures for me :) What size drop have you gone for? I'm considering 35mm.

Ben

ClioSport Club Member
I luv the little 1.4 clios done up nicely.

Needs them ph2 rear lights you speak of though :p

Ph2 rears were fitted ages ago? Lol.

DSC01725.jpg

Ben

ClioSport Club Member
Got my clear side repeaters and chrome side indicator bulbs in the post this morning. So its gone from:

DSC01741.jpg

To this, much better IMO:

DSC01742.jpg

DSC01743.jpg

Its nearly all de-tangoed now :p

Nissan 350z
Love the choice in work your doing its deffinately a tried and tested route of getting the car to the best it can be.

Other than lowering and colour coding theres not much more left now :)

Ben

ClioSport Club Member
Love the choice in work your doing its deffinately a tried and tested route of getting the car to the best it can be.

Other than lowering and colour coding theres not much more left now :)

Thanks buddy, yeah lowering should be done within the next month or two depending on how long I keep the car, same with colour coding ;)

Ben

ClioSport Club Member
Right got another few items in the post today.

Before pictures :

DSC01742.jpg

DSC01729.jpg

And the after pictures:

DSC01756.jpg

DSC01757.jpg

DSC01758.jpg

And yes I will be smoothing off the 16v :)

GavC

ClioSport Club Member
  Black Gold 182FF
Love your subtle touches! Just curious where did you buy your silver indicator/headlamp bulbs from?

You have given me some great ideas for my clio :)

Ben

ClioSport Club Member
Love your subtle touches! Just curious where did you buy your silver indicator/headlamp bulbs from?

You have given me some great ideas for my clio :)

Thankyou!
I got them from ebay. I just searched clio silver indicator bulbs in and had a browse through all the ones listed. THey are usually called Silvatech. Quite expensive but well worth it if you have dual optics :)

GavC

ClioSport Club Member
  Black Gold 182FF
I dont actually have dual optics :( They have been on my mind, I just recently got my car through MOT and paying for insurance so im gathering the funds now to add some changes to it!

I got new standard front headlights for a bargain there last week which i couldnt resist, the old ones looked horrible :p

Ben

ClioSport Club Member
i tryed that mate but doesnt work, someone told me that there is a screw when you take the interior light out??

No idea dude I'm afraid, mine was stiff when I took it off but I just got some plyers round it and gave it a tug.

Ben

ClioSport Club Member
Mounted a kurb (damage to wheel :( ) then grazed a wall. I bent the lower arm and joints and absolutely mashed the tracking. Luckily I've got a good friend who sorted it all out for £95, fitted a new bumper and wing today and on the look out for another wheel off eBay. Bumper and wing cost £60 so it could of been a lot worse.

Last edited:

Ben

ClioSport Club Member
unlucky on that fella
glad to see you've already started getting it sorted though

making good progress

Cheers buddy, well its all sorted now pretty much. Picked and fitted the bumper&wing up this afternoon, I luckily managed to pick up a bumper and wing in the same colour silver too. Just need to refit my numberplate which I'll do tomorrow and might give her a quick wash.

Ben

ClioSport Club Member
Few repair pictures after a quick rinse with the hose to remove all the grime.

IMG_0009.jpg

IMG_0010.jpg

I don't think it looks too bad considering tbh.

Ben

ClioSport Club Member
Well its been a long time since I last updated this. In Feb I had a collision with a kurb resulting in

IMG_0006.jpg

IMG_0008.jpg

IMG_0007.jpg

:( Well what a start of a bad month that was, 2 weeks after I received 3 points and a £60 fine for pulling my phone out of my pocket (save this story for another time)

Well I had to replace the bumper, wing, grill and alloy. The bumper and wing has been changed, picked them both up for less than £50 from the local scrappy. The alloy is proving quite difficult to find as I originally paid £50 for the full set and on eBay traders are wanting £85 for one used alloy! Anyway I'm sure I'll be getting that sorted soon, the grill will also be ordered off eBay and sprayed up hopefully in the next few weeks.

As my old HID kit broke I swiftly ordered a new set as driving late at night is vile without nice bright headlights, £60 later with 2 years warranty

IMG_0126.jpg

Fitted them today and very pleased to have HID's back in my life :D

Yesterday I went about spraying the diamonds on each of my wheels, end result

IMG_0123.jpg

IMG_0124.jpg

Very pleased with how they came out! And today I was bored of the rusty of drums on the rear so decided to spruce them up a little with a splash of red paint

IMG_0127.jpg

IMG_0128.jpg

Again very pleased with the result and I will be painting the brake calipers to match tomorrow!

And plans for the future are:

- Replace grill
- 60mm lowering springs
- Cat-back exhaust system
- Central locking sorted :p
- Skoda Fabia splitter to replace the battered standard one I have on atm.

Anyway, sorry about the huge write up but enjoy :)

Also managed to get the calipers painted up to match the rear drums, much better improvement IMO!

IMG_0134.jpg

IMG_0133.jpg

IMG_0135.jpg

And a quick picture of the HID's, I love them :D

IMG_0129.jpg

IMG_0130.jpg

Last edited: