ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Clio 1.4RT

95 clio 1.4RT
Just thought i'd throw up a few pics of my frenchy. I know its a 5door but hey u gotta make the best of wat ya'v got!

clio74wh.jpg

clio52zr.jpg

clio89vs.jpg

clio34wt.jpg

clio24xp.jpg

The calipers n drums r gettin painted at the mo:
clio48yt.jpg

This is the bootbuild, one of the blue fans popped, but there's better ones to go in er: -
cliobootbuilddark20oe.jpg

95 clio 1.4RT
steve740 said:
17s by the look of it. mine are the same size, and just as close to the front bumper!

Yip, ur rite 17's! ssu ppl say it can't b dun but i say bring it on! no bother at all! just need to take out all the liners!

95 clio 1.4RT
aye mine wud rub on full lock too, but think i mite just need new bushes in the front. no she never rubs on the bumper, only on the corner of the arch wer the bumper mount is and sumtime on the front sideof the arch

95 clio 1.4RT
yeah u know on the very corner on the bumper by the arch, there is a metal plate that has a hole wer u hook a plastic stud on the rear bumper into. wat rear shocks r u runnin?

im runnin standard shocks at the mo. mine catches on the part of the rear bumper that screws on the body of the car. is that what you mean?!

95 clio 1.4RT
yeah thats wat i mean. here's a tip if u don't fancy spendin loadsa dough on aftermarket shocks.....just use kangoo van rear shocks, they'r the same fitment, but they bare more weight so they tend not to travel as freely as the standard one's. I use them n they give a gud firm ride.

95 clio 1.4RT
cool m8! ah the ride is ok like. i have adjustable front spaxs, so i either keep them fully soft or 10 clicks from soft. i find that wen she is fully hard she tends the skip across bumpy roads in the corners and if its a real bad country road i hav problems with traction! but apart from that she 100%. how about urs? wat suspension r u running?

i got standard suspension at the mo. aint lowered it yet! i thought id have a harder time of doing it than you have, so now i know im gonna go for it as soon as! any interior mods?

95 clio 1.4RT
Yeah man go for it! but u'll need to stip alllllll the plastic wheel arch liners out of her, both front and bak, cus she's just chu away away at them! wat offset are ur wheel, thats sumthin u'll need to be careful about. I'm runnin 38 offset n seem to be doin ok. Plus i strongly advise inversting in camber correction bolts from the front as wen shes lowered she will run on the edges on the tyre i u'll find her understeerin alot more

95 clio 1.4RT
interior-wise, just a boot build, front component speakers......tv moulded into passenger side of dash mayb in the future. how about urs?

95 clio 1.4RT
sweet man leather buckets r the key! wen u lower the car the top of the wheel bocomes closer to the car than the bottom, so the camber correction bolt go into top one of the bottom two bolts on the suspension strut, this bolt has a cam on it, therefore pushin the hub out makin the wheel run level again.

check this link out: http://www.k-tecracing.com/show_product.asp?id=799

95 clio 1.4RT
aye! my m8 had the mutlipoint 1.2 one of the those, seemed to wile hard on the juice! I decided to test my motor last week, so stripped out all the bak seats, n the heavy boot build, put 13's on her!(looked like sh*te all!) was suprised to find her beatin the mk1 saxo VTRs n keepin up with the mk2's!!!

lol, mine is s**t on fuel. when i bought the car it was standard with the steel wheels, then i put the 17s on and the difference was immense! its mad how the wheels make such a difference. did you notice the difference with just the wheels?

95 clio 1.4RT
totally man! 17's kill her! she wont even hit the ton!! lucky if u get her to 95!lol n if ur at that speed n u put her in 5th use starts to slow down!ahhhhhhh more power! but with the 13's she'll pull 120+!

yeah i know! mine will just bout hit 90 and thats downhill! i miss the smaller wheels, but the 17s do look good dont they?! im hoping in the very near future to have a williams conversion......just gotta save for it now!

95 clio 1.4RT
yeah mine looks like a cows arse without the 17s! they make her. man, i was goin to put a 1.8 16v engine in mine but its soooooo much work n money! it would probably b cheaper to for both of us buy valvers! n with the money saved, pay for the insurance!!ouch

yep, but the bits ive done to mine are mostly custom and would not be transferrable to a valver etc. i got a custom exhaust, the buckets are custom fitted, interior bits would be a pain to change over too. how old are you then and how much insurance do you pay?

95 clio 1.4RT
yeah i know wat u mean! i have a custom ss zorst on mine too. just remember that u'll have to spend money uprating the suspension, brakes and u'll need a 16v bonnet to fit the supper hamster in!! I'm 21 n my insurance is £1100!!!!!!!! thats wat i get for livin in N.I.!

2004 1.2 Dynamique
To say its a 5 door mate v nice, at least its not too over the top like all the other 5 door chav owned clios

95 clio 1.4RT
frig me! lucky u! the main reason behind it being so high is that i was traditionally used to be becasue of the troubles, etc! but also because very few english companys quote for NI so its mostly NI insurance companys ridin everyone!!!