ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Clio 1.5 Dci 01-08 - talk to me..

Looking for a second budget commuter vehicle to rack lots of dual carriageway miles onto and these look to make a degree of sense.
Who's got one? What sort of fuel consumption do you get? Would you have another?
I believe there were several different engine power options, anyone know the differences?
Tyre size is 185/55R15?
Disks all round still, or are they drums on the rear?
What are common failure points/things to watch out for?

Cheers

Excellent, that crosses the 65 off the list :p 100 would be nice, but I assume being a different box any non DCI 100 parts dont fit.... Which leaves the 85 :)

sburrell93

Scotland - South
ClioSport Area Rep
Excellent, that crosses the 65 off the list :tongueout: 100 would be nice, but I assume being a different box any non DCI 100 parts dont fit.... Which leaves the 85 :smile:
As Danny said, I have a 100 for sale :wink:

To answer a few q's in your OP though, discs on the rear are only on the 100 model, the 80 and 65 both have drums. Think you're right on tyre size too. I had 16" 172 alloys on mine anyway so can't remember standard wheel/tyre size lol. Main thing to watch out for with these on higher miles now is the fuel pump. Usually a bit of hesitation or a few lights flashing on the dash when you floor it in 3rd or 4th can mean the fuel pump is on it's way out. Expensive fix!

MPG wise I got pretty much 60mpg the whole time I owned mine. Fluctuated a bit but was always around that. Being the most powerful of the 3 it's never gonna be the most economical though, so I'm sure you can get higher figures from the lower power ones.

I'd definitely have another one if I needed a cheap car to run. It's been great the whole time I had it.

Oh and parts wise, you'd be right about the 100. Different gearbox means a few different parts like driveshafts and such. I never really had an issue with parts though, I can't think of much else that's different besides that, the front mounted intercooler and pipework, VNT turbo, and rear disc beam (same setup as 172/182s)

Bluebeard

ClioSport Moderator
  Whichever has fuel
I have a 2004 dci 65.
I hate it.

But it's so cheap to run it's comical. £30 a year tax, £190 a year insurance and £50 of diesel lasts me 6 weeks at nearly 60mpg. (58 point something)

I've changed the expensive 185/55/15 tyres for 195/50/15's too. So the tyres are now uber cheap.

It will sit at 80mph no bother. It keeps up with commuter traffic and it's actually quite comfy. I've done several 200 mile journeys in it with no issues. (Apart from the knackered track rod end that sends me all over the motorway! Lol)

Perfect cheap car for commuting IMO. Can't get better in terms of cost.

Martin_172

ClioSport Club Member
ive got an 03 plate dci 80, mapped by a Bluefin hand held to somewhere around 105bhp 175lbft - I love it, paid a grand for it, 18 moths ago and probably 30k ago, it gets packed full of car parts, tools, flat pack furnature, stock for my shop, it tows cars. its done 150k miles and drives like new!

as Daniel says ive changed my tyres for 195/50/15 too, cheap as chips even for a set of pilot sport 3's which im running

mine does 65mpg most days just plodding about, its party piece is 35mpg at 125mph lol