ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Clio 1.5 Dci Starter Motor Prob

Clio 1.5 Dci 2001
Hi Folks
First post here and all looks very good and friendly.
We are getting our boy a 51 plate 1.5 Dci Clio in the next few days, getting it cheap as it is quite tatty and has a starting problem. I had a quick look at it today and for starters the battery was quite flat so I jumped it off my car. All dash lights flashed up nice but when you turn the key the starter motor sounds like its turning but with a grinding noise and the engine doesn't turn.
So, I'm guessing the starter motor solenoid isn't doing it's job. Anyone had any experience with this particular model? I've done a search on here for starter motor probs and many seem to be simple connector problems although I can't find anything specific to the 1.5 Dci.
Any ideas how much of a job it is to change the starter? I've found one on fleabay for just under 70 quid delivered which isn't bad I guess but just waiting to find out if it definitely is the right one. Anyone know any cheaper suppliers? I'm on the South coast.
Anyway, any help and advice would be most appreciated.
Many thanks all
Regards
Gareth