ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

clio 1.6 mpg ...

Depends how you drive it. If you don't go above, say, 3.5k revs then it should be pretty high (unless you have a fucked lambda sensor or something like that).

I have the same problem on my 1.2, though that gets driven hard :eek: When driving 'normally' though it still only reaches around 32, could be lambda sensor that needs replacing but don't take my word for it as I don't have a clue!

350Z GT
I have a 1.6 16v Megane mate, same engine. Only getting 26mpg. Sometimes even down to 22 and never above 29!

I have the habit of driving quite quick though as there are a lot of good roads over here. Normally change at about 6000rpm if i'm pressing on or if i'm just going into town about 4000rpm, peak rpm/torque is 3750rpm so i'm guessing stay below that to get the higher mpg!

Ian

Focus TDCi
Not checked it for a while, but my 1.6 8v was never great; usually around 30mpg. It is a 10 year old though so sensors might need looking at.

mk5 fiesta zetec s
orite might not be something up then motorway i am gettin 42 max. i have a feeling a 2 litre wouldnt be much worse on fuel

?
My 1.6 16v gets between 35-47ishmpg, the latter on motorway journeys crusing at 70-80mph and the worst ive seen is about 32 after ragging it silly for an hour or so

120d M-Sport
I have a 1.6 16v Megane mate, same engine. Only getting 26mpg. Sometimes even down to 22 and never above 29!

I have the habit of driving quite quick though as there are a lot of good roads over here. Normally change at about 6000rpm if i'm pressing on or if i'm just going into town about 4000rpm, peak rpm/torque is 3750rpm so i'm guessing stay below that to get the higher mpg!

SNAP! Apart from mines the 5 door version :eek:

I get the same sort of MPG aswel, but i do boot it everywhere lol. Mines never above 28MPG :approve: