ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Clio 1.6 RSI

Clio rsi
Well, first, Happy new year to you all, second, I’m going to keep my Red RSI, for the time being that is, just thinking, I am thinking about lowering it, getting a performance exhaust and fitting the K&N that came with it, or, leave it standard, any thoughts? I know it’s not worth a lot and maybe never will be but I know they are rare little beasts. I’m not a young guy, my birthday has just passed, just like the sound and a bit more grunt these mods can give. I have now clocked 100500 miles, getting the cambelt kit fitted I hope next week.

Clio rsi
That’s what I was thinking mate, it is so well up together and looked after, pics of the car are on this site, I will take some when I can and a lovely day :)

TheEvilGiraffe

South East - Essex
ClioSport Area Rep
Decent tyres and a suspension refresh (bushes and the like) will make it far faster and much more enjoyable than a noisy exhaust.

A bad exhaust system can actually make it lose power...

Maybe swap the OEM paper air filter for a KnN/aftermarket jobby as it might help it breathe a little better and perhaps give you 5% more noise on throttle, but won't do any harm.

Aside from that... Just look after it 🤷‍♂️

Clio rsi
Tyres are good, had a refresh on the shocks, holds the road and never leans badly, a K&N filter is a good idear so will go with that, going for an MOT next week, cambelt like I said, cracking little car and surprises a lot of other cars :) NOT a 172 but very enjoyable and fun to drive, will update after next week, shame there is not a RSI thread on here :(