ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Clio 1.9D

306 XLd

Hi

Has anybody ever had a mk1 clio 1.9D as i am interested in them due to 49MPG (i think according to parkers) as i will have long motorway journeys so how good would it be on motorway and is the MPG figure really that?

Thanks for any help

I dont think theres anyone on here who has one infact there are few diesel owners on here altogether.

49mpg sound about right though my dci does about 60 on the motroways at 70 I think and the Mk1 is a lighter more aerodynamic car I think.

we have a clio dci - in fact it is for sale ;) it does brilliant mpg - in fact can easily get 60mpg out of it on the motorway - and you dont have to drive at 70mph constantly to get that - I actually had the computer on 73mpg one day !!!

if you are looking for one that has been well looked after, but does have 74k on the clock (it is a June 03 car), pm me - we havent advertised it yet, but have the replacement company car already !!!

I actually used to have a Mk1 Clio 1.9d as well, and the average on a longish run was about 50mpg - nice car, and not a total slug for a diesel either - I loved mine.

dCi 100

My dci 100 does 66mpg according to the book but that is at optimum conditions, i.e. driving constant at 65mph and not slowing for roundybouts etc. Realistically I get around 50-60mpg driving up to my Mams in Lincoln on a busy Friday evening. Its 169 miles. I would defo recommend it though, goes like sh1t off a shovel too for a DIEsel and I darent even find the top speed for fear of getting nicked.