ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Clio 16v on pistonheads

16v_paddy

ClioSport Club Member
  Valvers & 172 Cup
Some exceptional examples have struggled to sell for £5k recently so I wouldn't say £8k is reasonably priced tbh

MarcB

ClioSport Club Member
  Too Many
Loved my old 16Valver

08.JPG
clioshop.JPG

16v_paddy

ClioSport Club Member
  Valvers & 172 Cup
Oh really? 👀

It's been a bit of an odd trend with them, the values of shitters in need of a lot of work have been climbing to around the £2k mark & the good/exceptional ones have been consistently hovering around the £4 - 5k mark so it's quite a big jump to 8.
If it sells for that much though it will set a new benchmark & drag the values of the rest up a bit more but based on recent activity I can't really see that happening for a while yet

Danith

ClioSport Club Member
  MX5 ND2/220 Trophy
Brill cars . Was my first real hot hatch after my warm 106 Rallye S1. I loved it. Super comfy seats, loved the dials on the dash as well as the bonnet bulge and chunky arches.
Only thing that annoyed me was the leaky sunroof! They looked really low as standard too. Mine was a Ph2 with the revised front grille and Speedline Vegas and not the Maracana (turbines). My dad bought it off me when I went to Uni and it properly brought the boy racer back out in him.

I was actually going to say I bet the sunroof leaks. :D

Turn left fine...turn right it's like a bucket was poured over your head.

@16v_paddy Where are you seeing these for sale??

Hixle

Hi Kiss Luke E****
ClioSport Club Member
  E90 M3
Lol, my sunroof used to soak passenger’s when it went around roundabouts.

Think I sold it for about £1800 9ish years ago. Other than the leaky sunroof it was a good one!

16v_paddy

ClioSport Club Member
  Valvers & 172 Cup
I was actually going to say I bet the sunroof leaks. :D

Turn left fine...turn right it's like a bucket was poured over your head.

@16v_paddy Where are you seeing these for sale??

There's nowhere in particular they're for sale, just the usual places like ebay, facebook marketplace, PH classifieds etc. The facebook groups are full of sad people (like me) that are constantly on the lookout for them popping up for sale & go nuts whenever they find one

DomP182

ClioSport Club Member
  ph1 172, Arctic182
I used to set off for work with a towel, I undid and resealed that sunroof so many times! Other than the leak it was a good sunroof

RichValver

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio 16v/172 daily
What is it with people and liking naples 😂 litterally the worst colour 🤮

RichValver

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio 16v/172 daily
Everyone knows grey is the best colour for a valver.

Cant see anyone paying 8k for one anytime soon tho.
I'm not sure why tho, peugeot 205 gti/ Renault 5's are making more money. Valvers are far rarer than both

16V F7R

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio 16V
I bought a mk1 Punto GT back in 01 but always loved the R5 GTT but so many were shitters! Always one broke down when leaving a cruise!😂 Always loved the valver but the Williams always stole the limelight.

My valver I am happy to say is now mot’d and back on the road! However having the boy racer boot lid swapped (I would have kept it back in the day) before a photo goes up.

My sunroof is doing the left to right thing😂😂 shitting myself incase water gets on the immobiliser sensor. Oh and Naples is the worst colour, that was for the old folk who bought them like the magenta saffs!

Darren S

ClioSport Club Member
I bought a mk1 Punto GT back in 01 but always loved the R5 GTT but so many were shitters! Always one broke down when leaving a cruise!😂 Always loved the valver but the Williams always stole the limelight.

My valver I am happy to say is now mot’d and back on the road! However having the boy racer boot lid swapped (I would have kept it back in the day) before a photo goes up.

My sunroof is doing the left to right thing😂😂 shitting myself incase water gets on the immobiliser sensor. Oh and Naples is the worst colour, that was for the old folk who bought them like the magenta saffs!
Had mine from '98 until I sold it in 2004 when the 182 was ordered.

Great for the time (in a straight line) and one of the very, very few small capacity turbo'd hatches of the era. More impressive that it was from a time where any engine force-fed was frowned upon by the insurers.

16V F7R

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio 16V
Yes I agree, great in a straight line although not a lot of modifications or people prepared to tune them back in the day. Where the 5 was great handling and aftermarket parts and tuning packages were very easy to get hold of. I absolutely loved my Punto GT and did all the bolt on’s and had a piper fast road cam fitted. Slammed,17’s, mahoosive sub you know the score! It was a quick car and like a modern day (at the time) R5 with better build quality, obviously. I’ve always had a soft spot for turbocharged cars and I’ve owned my 5 since 07 and definitely prefer the Renault for its handling of coarse👌

AMG
I had a one year old broom yellow GT in 1998. Only mods were OZ alloys and a magnex exhaust (which almost ruined it).

I’ve had a lot of stuff since, but it was the car I truly loved.

There was a minter on eBay a few months ago. I was sooo tempted (but at the same time scared I’d be disappointed).

16V F7R

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio 16V
I had the Magnex twin DTM centre exit. Sounded mint. Glad to hear you truly loved it too. I don’t think I’d have been disappointed. I went to view a great example a few years back but me and the mrs talked me out of it. Good thing now, as I probably wouldn’t have this valver!

AMG
Same exhaust! Was far too loud for me although I was doing a lot of motorway miles at the time.

Had the GT for 3 years then an Audi went in to me when I was sat in stationary traffic.

I am surprised the clio hasn’t gone yet, given the attention and how nuts the market is currently…