ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Clio 16v power boost valve

Bmw M4 & Clio 16v

Does anyone have some fitting instructions on how to install a FSE power boost valve on the clio 16v?

Could you please post up with any pics?

How do you set the device up??

IIRC;

Mount the device somewhere close to the fuel rail,

Remove the OE fuel regulator from the end of the fuel rail and repalce with the adapter part that comes with the PBV,

Connect the small vacume pipe to the top of ther PBV and the other end to the appropraiate connection of the metail tube than runs round the rocker cover (youll know which one as the OE regulator is connecte here too),

Connect the OE fuel reg replacement adapter to the side inlet of the PBV via fuel pipe,

Cut the return to tank fuel pipe on drivers side of the fuel rail (get the right one!), block up the side coming from the fuel pipe with a clip and bolt, the connect the open side (going to the tank) to the PBV boootom outlet.

As for setting up, they come set reasonably well. If you wan tit spot on, take it to a RR or else buy a fuel pressure guage so you can tweak the pressure by T+E

Hope this help

Connect the bottom PBV outlet

Supposed to iron out flat spots, add a little more bhp. I personally dont think they work well and are probably more hassle thena theyre worth. Better with a remap...

Well I have one already on my valver and was wondering whether to remove it and mess about trying to do that (shouldve done it last weekend but didnt get around to it!) or whether to leave it on and set it up properly.

I know they do a gauge for it but any idea what sort of pressure it should be set at or any details on setting it up or have I got to go to a rolling road?

I had one fitted on my valver, and set up properly (the key factor!) and it works really well in my opinion.

So go on mate, how do I set it up properly.

Can you tell me what pressure you were running as Im trying to buy a gauge for it. Although Im struggling to know where and which one to get!!

Lol, bugger. I just need an idea of what pressure to have it at idle for a valver - or how to set it up.

I guess itll be a rolling road jobbie.

Im not keen on Aldon, heard some real nasties from their place - especially with their rolling road figures.

I need a rolling road thats pretty reasonably priced down near Milton Keynes.

Way i look at it is theyre 100quid...at the cheapest youll be approx £50 to set it up and for what, maybe 1-2bhp increase and some cured flat spots? I can think of better things to waste my money on as im sure you lot can.

As for being able to feel an improvment with them...well...maybe...if youre car was running like a bag of balls to start with. Ive did a lot of things to my old 16v which were guaranteed to gain way more bhp yet were barely noticeable...how some thinks they can feel a 1/2 bhp increase and an mild reduction on flatspots is a little bewildering!

Thanks u33db, that helps a bit I think.

I only ask because it came ready fitted to a valver Ive just bought and Im contemplating taking it off and putting the standard regulator on it because it sounds like its overfuelling (nice bit of backpopping on overrun for a start!).

I dont think theyre supposed to increase power, more the throttle response from what I read. More than anything, if I can remotely set it up correctly, itll save me faffing about putting the standard reg on it.