ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Clio 16v Question - cold air feed

Clio 182, OctaviaVRS

I removed the blanking plate next to my foglight (passenger side) but theres no way i can run a pipe from there up to my Induction kit - i dont see a gap at all??

How did you do this (if you have) as i dont see how its possible?

Thanks a lot.

Nick Read did a mental version of cold air feed, but found that you get more power from the standard box...

Ive got 2 K&N cold air feeds running to my piperX induct kit that keep it reasonably cold. Need one more though to cool a tiny section on the engine side of the piperX then Ill b happy.

so cramped for space under their tho, takes a while but I managed to squeeze my 2 in

BMW 320d Sport

I am at Southend on Saturday of course...I organise the meets there!

Anyway its pretty straightforward knocking out the blanking panel.

Clio 182, OctaviaVRS

I doubt ill be there - its so far for me! However, knocking that plate out was dead easy, i just wedged a screw driver down the side of it, and then got another one in the other side and it just popped out!

How do you get the air feed from there, up to the induction kit - Someone MUST know surely????

BMW 320d Sport

Use a bit of aluminium hose, form one end onto your new opening in the bumper, then snake it round into the wheelarch void behind the foglight and then your engine bay port is right there. PLug it onto that and then inside the engine bay run another hose up to the filter, or use your original air duct that fed the airbox.

Bear in mind that this setup is not ideal for airflow. Your best bet for power is to take the foglight out and put a shaped ramscoop in there so the air has a much more direct route but most people dont want to go that far!
Another alternative is to take the sh*tguard out under the front of the bumper and run the hose under the subframe and then straight up into the engine...

Clio 182, OctaviaVRS

Thanks Nick - thats helpful!

Can you advise what size (diameter) pipe i would need, to fit in the new hole? Also - would it hurt to take out the sh*t guard, as i dont want muck etc getting in any where it shouldnt??

Thanks a lot mate.

BMW 320d Sport

Err its somewhere between 2.5 and 3 inches, I usually just try different bits of pipe until one fits 60-70mm is about right.
Leave the sh*tguard on you only need to take it off when you do the plumbing, after that put it back on again.