ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Clio 16v/Willy driveshaft problems

i think i have replaced just about everything i need to worry about with the exception of driveshafts/box, im not to worried about the box as there are loads of R19 16v boxs about but what sort of cost is involved in driveshaft problems, i understand its fairly common to have problems with the near side drive shafts for some reason

Mine (on my Fezzy) broke.....wellsheared clean off at the stub axle IN the gearbox!

took me 4 hrs in the freezing cold and sh*ty snow/hail to fix it.....i now hav majpr windburn on me knuckles.

anyway, i dunno about 16V/willy driveshafts.......but relaceing them aint hard.....the offside one is a bit annoying though......

But i woudnt of though they were weak!

CV boots split, especially if you run low or corner hard all the time. Then you get the usual, grease comes out and CV joint siezes up. I replaced both my shafts in the summer as one joint went and i like new parts!

Cost about £60 each on exchange i think. Easy to change just dont strip the threads in the casing on near side when doing up bolts. I heli-coiled mine as one was already stripped and it gives a bit more bite when doing them up.

Do the usual test, apply full lock at a very low speed (empty car park etc) and if there is a cluncking/knocking sound from either hub then that shaft has gone. Best to get em changed especially with the extra power youve now got!