ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Clio 172 03 with Electric fault! HELP!?

SKINTasPER

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio 182/MK4 GT 120
Hi,

I bought a clio sport 172 03 plate on the advert I bought it from, it was listed as immobilizer issue and won't start,

I've had a few clios so once I receive it, It isn't the immobilizer? The light flashes normally, put key in turn, and it just turns over with electronic fault light?

2 days ago, I plugged in my code scanner I'm getting codes below;

DF126 'ACTIVE' PEDAL POTENTIOMETER CIRCUIT TRACK 2.

DF236 'ACTIVE' + AFTER RELAY SUPPLY.

DF254 'ACTIVE' MOTORISED THROTTLE CONTROL, MOTORISED THROTTLE AUTOMATIC CONTROL FAULT.

DF002 'ACTIVE' THROTTLE POTENTIOMETER CIRCUIT.

DF009 'ACTIVE' ACTUATOR RELAY CONTROL CIRCUIT, SHORT CIRCUIT.

Here's where things take a flip, so I tried everything I could;

All known and working different;

Throttle body, Pedal, engine relays

Cleaned both gearbox earth's front and rear of the box

Also added 2 of my own,....

While doing this some how the electrical fault light when? But then it triggered the immobilizer?

Today I've been up again and I'm back to square one. Just turning over and electrical fault warning light?

Any help is appreciated!.

I've given up today as it's given me a solid headache!

Where is the actuator relay?

Sent from my ONEPLUS A5010 using Tapatalk
cb7f010cc9a87c070c538c11622ede50.jpg

Last edited:

Dex90

ClioSport Club Member
  11Megne250/02Clio172
common problem is wires below the battery tray/exhaust mount rub on metal and become exposed causing issues like throttle potentionmeter and throttle body issues. check them out first. you need to remove airbox etc. and unwrap the wires to inspect. it's where the loom comes out of ecu , down the ecu and then turn to run below upper transmission mount.

the throttle pedal wires are located in the white block at the bottom of the engine bay fuse box , you can check they are connected as well. i found my issue by checking resistance/continuity between the white block and ecu connector pins.

Renault Clio 2002
Got the same problem. Had the car at Renault for 2 months now. Changed throttle body, checked loom wires etc. Removed connection point 10cm from accelerator pedal and sodder them, changed pedal. They were sure the throttle house was the problem and they extremely rare, but got one after a while, same problems today when i pickt the car up before i even got to scrape the ice of the windows. Car getting checked tonight also. Have been reading it could be the fuel pump that is the problem.

SKINTasPER

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio 182/MK4 GT 120
Got the same problem. Had the car at Renault for 2 months now. Changed throttle body, checked loom wires etc. Removed connection point 10cm from accelerator pedal and sodder them, changed pedal. They were sure the throttle house was the problem and they extremely rare, but got one after a while, same problems today when i pickt the car up before i even got to scrape the ice of the windows. Car getting checked tonight also. Have been reading it could be the fuel pump that is the problem.
Oh right mate let me know if you get it sorted

Renault Clio 2002
I will. Been researching this a long time now, and its a "common" problem, but seems like different things work for ppl. Getting on my last nerve now this car.

Dex90

ClioSport Club Member
  11Megne250/02Clio172
my issue ended up being throttle pedal , i replaced it with a used one and was still broken, ended up looking elsewhere for problems couldn't find any, replaced again with a used one and my problems went away.

Renault Clio 2002
Replaced mine with a brand new 200 euro pedal, did nothing :( But my mechanic didnt charge me since he could use it on another car.

SKINTasPER

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio 182/MK4 GT 120
my issue ended up being throttle pedal , i replaced it with a used one and was still broken, ended up looking elsewhere for problems couldn't find any, replaced again with a used one and my problems went away.
I have tried both pedal and throttle body both of my daily 182 but no work :(

SKINTasPER

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio 182/MK4 GT 120
Will be wiring/connection issue.
I've just been on the search and found these wires snapped, are they sometiming else or? Do you have a diagram for this plug? Eg what wires are for what
b1fa1364776674ac46557ca3df91330a.jpg

Clio 182, MK2 Megane
I've just been on the search and found these wires snapped, are they sometiming else or? Do you have a diagram for this plug? Eg what wires are for what
b1fa1364776674ac46557ca3df91330a.jpg

Did this get solved? Also whereabouts is that connector that you've pictured.
I'm trying to solve an issue on mine showing DTC DF002 and DF254, have a suspicion that it's waiting fault as have already tried known good throttle bodies and pedal, thought I'd cured when I found corroded wires in the white block for the engine harness in the engine bay fusebox but faults still exists any help would be great . Thanks