ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Clio 172 calipers

Clio sport 172
Hello everyone and sorry for the beginner's question.

I have a clio RS172 and looking to replace brakes on front. Already got brembro 280mm discs for it and pads,
I know that it'll need a nearside caliper too. Due to lack of time (car's already in the garage) and funds at present, I was wondering if standard Renault OE caliper would fit? It's something I can get ASAP from kam racing.
Just looking to see if a standard part will fit or it needs modified for the 280mm brembro discs (I don't think so)?
I know it's stupid not knowing what calipers your car is on but hey, I'll know for the next time.
Car will be used for fast road driving and occasional track days (that if we're allowed to some this year at all).
Many thanks

stebat

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio 172
Hi, I just tried fitting some DS1.11 pads last night and they seem to be to big to fit with the stainless insert? Any ideas??

Greeny.

ClioSport Club Member
  440i + 182
Hi, I just tried fitting some DS1.11 pads last night and they seem to be to big to fit with the stainless insert? Any ideas??

I took the 'anti rattle' shims out of my callipers when I first changed my pads years ago, however with certain pads ive also had to file down the edges to get them to actually fit in even without the shims.

Bankrupt_drunk

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio 172
As above, track pads generally don't need the anti rattle shims. When they go in there should be about 1mm of movement and where they touch the calipers the surfaces should be as clean and smooth as possible.

stebat

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio 172
Thanks all, Yes I have since checked RTR's web page and it does say file down the ear tabs for fitment. (y) (y)