ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Clio 172 Cup - No Ignition + Other Issues

the_baron_von_richthofen

ClioSport Club Member
  2003 Clio 172 Cup
Hi All,

I bought a 53 plate 172 cup last week and all seemed fine with the exception of the speedo drive in the gearbox and the hazard warning light switch.

Last night we replaced the speed sensor with not too much issue (had the car running after), my Dad also replaced the Hazard button and this is where everything started going wrong.

After the button was replaced I switched the ignition on and all the dash lights worked however the car would not crank the starter motor - just a had a relay click from under the bonnet when the key was turned.

We then discovered that the hazards/indicators don't work, neither does the central locking or the electric windows and the immobiliser light appears not to work anymore either.

Unfortunately I had the all windows down when this issue started and it had to stay that way in the rain last night!

Does anyone have any ideas for me with the exception of burning it or dumping it somewhere?

Cheers
Rich

the_baron_von_richthofen

ClioSport Club Member
  2003 Clio 172 Cup
We are checking the starter with jumper cables later then we are going to try to find all of the earths and make sure they are good.

One under the dash could make a lot of sense.

the_baron_von_richthofen

ClioSport Club Member
  2003 Clio 172 Cup
Managed to get the car running again, turns out whoever had wired the stereo into the car left one of the wires exposed that then caught on something and blew a fuse.

Replaced the fuse and all is well.

Thank you to everyone that commented and a Big thank you to @MicKPM for speaking to me on the phone, top bloke!

Cheers
Rich