ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Clio 172 Cup - Polybushing?

James Mk1

ClioSport Club Member
  Williams 3 / 172 Cup
I know a few topics down @JackD made a thread about his 182 Cup suspension refresh. I've read that but I've got a few more questions.

Car is a 53 plate 172 Cup that we use for trackdays only. It's going in for a suspension refresh - I'm intending on purchasing new front/rear cup shocks from RPD Wolverhampton, and either Cooksports or Eibach Sportlines.

I may look at doing similar to what Jack has done (Wishbones, track rod ends/inner tie rods/arb bushes/top mounts) - how much of this is necessary/worthwhile? And where is the best place to source these items?

Is there any other polybushing worth doing while the car is in that's not listed above? And if the car is being lowered, will I need rear camber adjustment bolts for the alignment?

Also, anywhere decent for alignment in West Mids/Worcester/Kidderminster/Stourbridge etc?

Thanks in advance

ripp

ClioSport Club Member
  182 FFAT
For trackdays only- I would polybush the whole car. Even the rear exhaust mount. Can't see a reason not to, even on a road car. I had on mine at some point the whole front end done (arb, lower wishbones, dogbone) plus the k-tec solid mounts. Some say the car will be noisier but I felt no difference, it only drove better in fact.
Would also recommend AST mounts or the Kamracing adjustable ones for increased caster- will be better on track.
There are pulybushes for the steering rack also, but these seem to get less abuse so you can keep the std ones I guess