ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Clio 172 cup refresh

Track wheels off, a good clean of the arches, calipers a lick of paint and turinis on. Well pleased with the end result!
IMG_20200204_145945.jpg
IMG_20200204_150017.jpg

frayz

ClioSport Club Member
Only hammerite smooth silver which others have used from what I've read.. Hope its OK!

It will last better than VHT which is literally useless for brakes. It just wipes off and has no corrosion inhibitors at all. It will just rust through. The only issue you will have with Hammerite silver is it will yellow quite quickly and even more so if you get them hot. They'll stay looking nice enough, but you'll have to repaint them every 8-12 months.

It will last better than VHT which is literally useless for brakes. It just wipes off and has no corrosion inhibitors at all. It will just rust through. The only issue you will have with Hammerite silver is it will yellow quite quickly and even more so if you get them hot. They'll stay looking nice enough, but you'll have to repaint them every 8-12 months.
To be honest if I have to do them after 6 months I'd be more than happy! I might even look at getting them refurbished properly in the summer

Black hammerite on mine lasted years. This time I tried some high temp paint (600 degrees) and it flaked off after only bedding my new pads in on the road!!!!

Car looks great.

Anything carbon dipped or wrapped should burn. Tacky stuff! My mate has a lovely high spec Ph1, but it's got an awful fake carbon wrap on the roof :sick::sick::sick::sick:

frayz

ClioSport Club Member
Black hammerite on mine lasted years. This time I tried some high temp paint (600 degrees) and it flaked off after only bedding my new pads in on the road!!!!

Car looks great.

Anything carbon dipped or wrapped should burn. Tacky stuff! My mate has a lovely high spec Ph1, but it's got an awful fake carbon wrap on the roof :sick::sick::sick::sick:
Black doesn't discolour like the lighter colours do mate.

JohnnyE

ClioSport Club Member
  ITB'd Clio
Looks sound mate love a nice standard cup, I need to tackle the engine bay soon, mine had been off the road for nearly 3 years so done a lot to it underneath changed nearly everything but always find some more things to sort...

Attachments

• 4065F961-349A-4C1A-8C42-6AF6D36EE177.jpeg
    4065F961-349A-4C1A-8C42-6AF6D36EE177.jpeg
    242.5 KB · Views: 56
Looks sound mate love a nice standard cup, I need to tackle the engine bay soon, mine had been off the road for nearly 3 years so done a lot to it underneath changed nearly everything but always find some more things to sort...
Cheers! Yeah it's easy to get carried away, I've got a to do list that's constantly growing.. But I really want it to be a car I can jump in and go for a drive rather than just parked up not used constantly.
Yours looks pretty mint 👌

cliocollins

ClioSport Club Member
  ITB's RB & F56 jCW
Fantastic mate. Can't wait to see the finished article.

Sent from my LYA-L09 using Tapatalk

20240120_161846.jpg
20240121_124520.jpg
20240121_130119.jpg

Had the turinis refurbished back in 2020 and I don't think they've been washed since 😂 luckily they came up really well after a few goings over.
They will be coming off soon to put the 15" alloys and nakang NS2r's on I originally bought it on. Hoping to cross the track day off my bucket list this year.

Gus

ClioSport Moderator
  182Turbo,DCi90
View attachment 1677184View attachment 1677185View attachment 1677186
Had the turinis refurbished back in 2020 and I don't think they've been washed since 😂 luckily they came up really well after a few goings over.
They will be coming off soon to put the 15" alloys and nakang NS2r's on I originally bought it on. Hoping to cross the track day off my bucket list this year.
How do you get the wheel bolts off, they look kind of big and would be hard to get a socket around.

So I've been putting most my effort into getting my other garage queen cup into more original order including discs and pads all round, wheels powder coated back into silver and general cleaning underneath.
1000006307.jpg

1000006397.jpg

This is now being stored at a friend's garage and currently for sale.

As I'm off work for another couple of months following a 2nd knee op in 4 months I have put the daily in my garage to give it some tidying up!
I will start another post with the updates

Last edited:
So I changed out the steering wheel for a 300mm Mountney steering wheel which looks just as retro and cool as these clios!
1000005305.jpg

This was before putting in the garage and starting to disassemble engine parts..
1000006411.jpg

1000006419.jpg

Not going crazy with this as this ones meant to be used and enjoyed but as I've got the time, why not!