ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Clio 172 Cup sat for 6 months now has issues!!!

17RS2'd Cup
Good day all,

So... car has been in the garage for 6 months. I connected the battery and it started first time. Brilliant!
Then, I went to drop the drivers window to push the mirror out and nothing! Drivers window is inoperative. Tried the passengers next and same. I thought “here we go”. I then did a full system check and can report that I have the following that now don’t work:
1. Both windows don’t work. Not even the relay click. Checked for voltage at the fuse and have nothing.
2. Mirror adjuster doesn’t work on both sides. Checked for voltage at fuse box and have nothing.
3. Hazards don’t work. Didn’t check anything to help narrow it down.
I have pulled the switched out for all of these functions and did a resistance check and all are good.
4. Glove box light doesn’t work. Checked the bulb and it’s good.
5. 12V socket isn’t currently a 0V socket.

I am thinking UCH as, well, you know... it usually is. There’s no dampness or signs of water ingress around that area. Before I start ripping the car apart I thought I’d ask here. Any and all help is appreciated.

Oh yeah, everything was working before I parked it up for winter. I think?!

Daniel

ClioSport Moderator
  Whichever has fuel
Under the glovebox is the UCH.

Remove the wiring plug and put it back on. Do that 10-15 times minimum.

They get damp and play havoc with internal electrics.

17RS2'd Cup
I’m calling it... there’s no way the UCH has got wet as it’s been in my garage for 6 months.
However, I have had previous issues with the UCH before so...

Does anyone know if the passenger window switch 12V supply comes via the driver’s window switch?

Crayola

ClioSport Club Member
I'm telling you 100% that the UCH has water in it

Your squib controls, window controls, radio, hazard panel controls, 12v socket and horn wont work. All 12v switched power runs through the UCH

17RS2'd Cup
Thanks Cribert.

Kyle, I did say in my original post that I think it’s UCH. However, I’m not convinced it’s UCH because of water damage as it was fine before I put it in the garage and my garage is pretty water tight. Thanks though.

Crayola

ClioSport Club Member
Thanks Cribert.

Kyle, I did say in my original post that I think it’s UCH. However, I’m not convinced it’s UCH because of water damage as it was fine before I put it in the garage and my garage is pretty water tight. Thanks though.
Clios are a lot like a sieve mate

You plug one hole and the other just lets twice as much in 😂

Crybert

ClioSport Club Member
  Cup 172
There will have been water sitting somewhere in the car unless you stripped it down completely prior to sitting it in the garage. Also when you sit the car in the garage there’s no air going round it/through it to move the water.