ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Clio 172 Cup Suspension Makeover

Clio 172 cup
Hi everyone, would anyone be able to spread some wisdom as to what I could do with my clio 172 cup's suspension.

The car is used soley on the road and is used as a fun evening/weekend run about.
IMG_2166.jpeg

As for mods it has nothing crazy just the usual stuff i.e intake, catback exhaust, remap, E/G mounts and coilovers

The reason I have made this thread is beacuse I am looking to renew my suspension as the car currently has KTR coilovers (Current RRP £358) which the dampers are blown and the car is bouncy as F***. I never expereinced the car on the new KTR's or original suspension as it was bought a year ago in this condition and I am now finally going to carry out the work as the car is off the road needing a water pump anyway.

Having read some threads on here the consensus is that the KTR kit is just rebranded ebay coilovers which really wouldn't be me preference. With some more reading it seems that the cup suspension with cooksport springs is a very good pairing particulary for my use case. This setup would cost £500 to create with genuine renault bits form RPD as the original suspension was not included with the car.

Question 1: Is the cup damper and cooksport combo worth the £150 upgrade over the KTR kit?

Question 2: Is there anyhting else I could get close to £500 that would as good if not better than the cup damper and cooksport combo

Thanks, Matthew

G. Brzęczyszczykiewicz

CSF Harvester
ClioSport Club Member
  Clio 182
I recently installed these on my 182 and they're a great upgrade over the shagged shocks and cheap lowering springs that the car came with.

Bare in mind these are just the shocks and springs, there were plenty of other parts I ended up having to buy while the car was in bits on the driveway 😂

MRBILLYUK

ClioSport Club Member
  FF Jeden Osiem Dwa
I recently installed these on my 182 and they're a great upgrade over the shagged shocks and cheap lowering springs that the car came with.

Bare in mind these are just the shocks and springs, there were plenty of other parts I ended up having to buy while the car was in bits on the driveway 😂
Ive got Grams springs with cup shock absorbers and really like how it sits and handles. 👍