ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Clio 172 Cup

Hi Guys,

My First Post :)

I joined because I am interested in getting a Clio 172 CUP been getting some insurance quotes today and as expected about a Grand I'll be 21 with 3 years NCB I'm guessing thats normal.

Something put me off getting the car a bit though, I had a quote come back saying they wont insure the car because of the amout of accidents from loosing control. :eek:

I know the Cup is stripped out etc but surely is handles better etc etc in comparsion to the 172.

Also are there any reasons why I shouldn't get the 172 Cup over the normal 172?

Thanks Guys.

Christopher

ClioSport Club Member
  Z4M
i've heard this before

the lack of ABS is the problem

insurers favour the full fat versions due to the addtional ABS.

i'm not sure if the same is true for the 182 Cups, as they do have ABS

How are they as a day to day car? I don't go any distance really. Go about 20 miles a day if that.

Ali

V6, Trackhawk, GTS
Group 17 opposed to group 16!

172 is more comfortable...But the cup is better i think.

Broken Diesel Megane :(
as has been said, its only really when conditions are like they have been last few days you would need the abs etc.

i bought mine almost a year ago and aint looked back since. loads of fun on a twisty back road on a dry day :D

even give ali a scare or two ;)

Fletcher

ClioSport Club Member
Fine, not quite as comfy as a FF 172-182 as it doesn't have all the creature comforts but like all 172-182s return high mpg.

If i had a second parking space then i'd buy one.

fat arctic ! sold yippee!
for a day to day car they are great and fun - as long as your careful in the wet and the snow its a great car - but honestly you would be more careful in the wet anyway - i love my cup - do a 40 mile round trip every day and its the best past of my day!

Ali

V6, Trackhawk, GTS
as has been said, its only really when conditions are like they have been last few days you would need the abs etc.

i bought mine almost a year ago and aint looked back since. loads of fun on a twisty back road on a dry day :D

I'm still deaf!! Twice from the 2 journeys! lol!

Impreza P1
Selling mine if your interested mate , Really nice little car will be missed and a good daily drive lots and lots of fun.

Not many Cups about too.

I'm still deaf!! Twice from the 2 journeys! lol!

next time you forget your house keys ur goin homeless for the night.

what you mean deaf??? car glides as quietly as a cloud

Christopher

ClioSport Club Member
  Z4M
yeah, i'd buy it mate.

you can't go much faster for the money nowadays...

another good thing is the colour too!

...they were all blue so they can be easily seen in hedges.

not all blue, if ur lucky you will find a silver one. they are quite rare. but mondial blue is such a nice colour

Ali

V6, Trackhawk, GTS
My swing has the pace and momentum of Pinky (except when she was bein towed)

no i think exactly like it was being towed. in fact your swing and your car move like two old ppl f**king, slow and jerky!

Ali

V6, Trackhawk, GTS
Sorry i can't hear you...The SQUEAL from your fan belt is drowing out my JT - My love!

my bored bean can is the way to go. and you can leave my squeky fan belt alone.

all just adds to the symphony of noise all working together in beautiful harmony with each other!

Gaz_

ClioSport Club Member
  Extreme mode

Since when do you need ABS to drive in snow? :S ABS does NOT work in snow and ice, and is therefore useless.