ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Clio 172 Driveshaft

MJClio

South East - Kent
ClioSport Area Rep
  Ph1 Clio 172
So looking for a bit of driveshaft help, ive had a search about but can't find what I need.

My mechanics done a bit of work on the 172, new passenger driveshaft was part of this. All finished, went for the test drive and its knocking its arse off. When investigated, the inner that goes in to the box, has a lot of play in it which obviously shouldn't be there.

The shaft is brand new from J&R P/N DS20 which i now understand is for a cup. When putting my reg in to the site, DS249 is the number that comes up. But in my understanding there wasn't any differences in the passenger side except for ABS rings.

Can someone save my brain from frazzling please!

robzracing

ClioSport Club Member
So looking for a bit of driveshaft help, ive had a search about but can't find what I need.

My mechanics done a bit of work on the 172, new passenger driveshaft was part of this. All finished, went for the test drive and its knocking its arse off. When investigated, the inner that goes in to the box, has a lot of play in it which obviously shouldn't be there.

The shaft is brand new from J&R P/N DS20 which i now understand is for a cup. When putting my reg in to the site, DS249 is the number that comes up. But in my understanding there wasn't any differences in the passenger side except for ABS rings.

Can someone save my brain from frazzling please!
The J&R code for the cup shaft is DS21 so I don't think you have a cup one. Drive shaft lengths are a minefield though. Do you run a diff? Length is even more critical if you do.

MJClio

South East - Kent
ClioSport Area Rep
  Ph1 Clio 172
Wondering if anyone can help on here as I've more chance of Boris letting us see our grans than Ktec actually responding and being helpful.

I got a driveshaft from KTEC for my 172, Non cup. It eventually arrives today, and the QBS rings are different, same number of teeth, but wider ring.

I know you can swap the rings, but, im just wondering if the wider ring will be okay on the 172?

Thanks

172 / 996 / Z3
I think I asked a similar question here:

MJClio

South East - Kent
ClioSport Area Rep
  Ph1 Clio 172
I think I asked a similar question here:

Lovely thankyou!

Guessing you fitted and had no issues?

172 / 996 / Z3
Not with the ABS ring.
However the one I received from J&T had the gearbox retaining plate thing on the wrong way round (which I should have spotted) so first time I fitted it, it was all over the place.

MJClio

South East - Kent
ClioSport Area Rep
  Ph1 Clio 172
As long at its alright with the wider ABS ring that's all I need, thankyou mate!