ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Clio 172 Driveshafts. Where to buy? EBay good/bad?

Hi all,

looking to replace both driveshafts on my full fat clio 172. Having looked around, can’t seem to find them on Renault parts direct or Kam racing. Which are my 2 go to places for parts. I’ve seen some on eBay for around £55 but I’m unsure on quality and what I should be looking for.

2 questions really. Are driveshafts the same form anywhere, or are there brands I should avoid? Would these eBay ones be fine?

2nd question, any links or direction as to where to source these would be really helpful.

Thanks!

Clio_fool

ClioSport Club Member

Lots of info if you do a search.

Lots of info if you do a search.
Doesn’t really seem very conclusive. I’m just mainly after a seller that sells the exact driveshafts I need. Seems like the guys on that thread also had issues getting hold of the right ones.

Mr Underhill

ClioSport Club Member
I just bought 2 Shaftec ones for my 182 resto. Can't fault them tbh. Just genuine Renault one's that have been properly restored. I paid £100 each for them after exchanging old ones. Bought them off DMFX in Darlington. I'm sure they cater for 172 versions.

7084BBBB-0782-438F-BCF2-903D2189CCC4.jpeg

Jamie86

ClioSport Club Member
  RS175,595,205gti,172
Are the boots on them rubbery or more solid plastic type? That’s the main issue with the J&R ones.