ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Clio 172 Ecu issue plz help

Clio 172
We'll here goes ..... I've got a 51 plate 172 and a few months back the immobiliser light started flashing fast and wouldn't turn off, so it was off the road til I got it sorted. In the time it was parked up I lost the key so I grabbed a set up off ebay which included ecu, uch, transponder ring around the barrel plus keys barrel and door locks. Supposed to be in working order.....

We'll today I decided to fit it all so removed the battery and began to get it all fitted. Now came the moment of truth and I put the key in and turned it on. We'll the immobiliser light has stopped flashing fast so that's one issue sorted right ??? Now the dash board lights come on and go off as normal, but after a few seconds the serv light comes back on with the esp light and don't go off. ........

Then I turn the key to fire it up but nothing, it dont even turn over just a click ....... I don't even here the file pump prime.
I've tried re locking the car and trying again but nothing, even try'd the immobiliser reset, turn on for 30secs then turn off then back on and then off then fire it up but still nothing ......

Plz help thanks

Clio 172
Ok so even thow I was told a Ecu setup off a different clio 172 would work, as long as I change everything would be ok...... Well after checking the starter which was ok ive noticed this so could this be the problem .....

Clio 172
image.jpg

Iceberg PH1 172
I think it may contribute. Im not really up on renualts ecu production codes. But i would replace like for like. Same year if possible. Are there any manufacturer dates you can compare between the two units?.

Have a think also about the solution i pm'd you.

Iceberg PH1 172
Edit. From your pics its looks like the software versions maybe be diff. Your orriginal ecu says v4.x (cant see the rest) and your new unit says. V5.6.

Id say the new unit isnt compatible with your car for whatever reason.

Clio 172
Cheers for the reply mate, only payed £55 for the kit so just gunna kept the barrel, keys and lock set and put the rest back on eBay. Just found another ecu, uch and transponder on there for £85, and all the codes match for the ones I originally took off. But spoke to someone today who can get my ecu wiped of the immobiliser. But would it work ??? If I fit my old setup back on

MicKPM

ClioSport Trader
  Clio16v/Zoe Z.E.50
A '51 plate car is unlikely to have ESP so i'd say it's a CAN Configuration issue. What's the Red LED doing now: On or Off?

MicKPM

ClioSport Trader
  Clio16v/Zoe Z.E.50
If you've checked all fuses and GVM Relays, deffo a CAN configuration issue then. Simple enough to resolve with CLIP but need the car I'm afraid.

Clio 172
Ok so grabbed another ecu, uch transponder ring and a key fob off another Clio 172 with all the matching codes. And now I've noticed my fuel pump primes, which it didn't on the other ecu kit, but it still won't turn over. My immobiliser light comes on then goes off as it's supposed to then the pump primes but then nothing else .....??????? Plz help