ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Clio 172 electrical fault in wet issues with air intake

Clio sport 172
So my senior has been showing an electrical fault in the morning for some time. The light will only come up when the car has sat for a couple of days, in wet or cold weather.

The fault affects the throttle somehow, when starting the engine the car revs itself from 2000 to 3000 on idle, it can be driven but stepping on gas won't affect it, basically drives on its own. I have discovered that the fault will go away once the car has been driven for a few minutes and warmed up. I then stop to turn the engine off, and with some luck the fault light will have gone off, I can then start the engine again and continue driving normally.

There seem to be no other issues with electrics, this car has survived a heavy winter and done brilliant even used as my daily to get me to work in snow storms etc.

Any idea what could cause it? I'd like to sort it before it gets worse or makes the car undriveable.
I can't ask the garage to check every wire in the car I'm afraid.
Many thanks

Attachments

• IMG_20201227_064009.jpg
    IMG_20201227_064009.jpg
    2.1 MB · Views: 74