ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Clio 172 engine noise. Ticking/tapping. Help pleace

Clio 172
New engine recently. Cambelt replaced. Started making this noise. Worse when warmed. Potentially dephaser? Clio 172

If it is dephaser. Ive got a 6 hour drive on wednesday. Will it survive or shall i source another car.

Clio 172
Thanks for your quick response. Ive tried raising it to 2500 and its difficult to hear the noise over the engine so cant be 100 percent sure.

Clio 172

Thats another vid of me going through the revs. 2500 to 3500 and back down. I appreciate the response from you lads.

Clio 172
As you say its ok to drive. Im going to be doing about 6 hours this week. Reckon its worth doing it and waitint till i get paid to sort it or shall i be worried and keep it off the road.

Clio 172
As you say its ok to drive. Im going to be doing about 6 hours this week. Reckon its worth doing it and waitint till i get paid to sort it or shall i be worried and keep it off the road.
It should be fine to drive on a knackered dephaser, it's just the metal plates inside that seperate the two different oil galleries to advance/r****d the timing have worn and start making that rattling noise. They have a tendancy to go right after a belt change!