ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Clio 172 mk2 Decat Fitting

Just got my decat pipe Delivered today after it got lost somewhere between Janspeed and my house they quoted 1-2 days it took them 13 days. The question is should I have a go at fitting it myself or do i pay some one a few quid to fit it. I have access to a pit to get under the car and im not completely useless with a spanner and socket set. Anybody done one before and any tips. Cheers

Errr.... I built a Mini a few years ago (including welding the body together from panels and constructing the engine from a box of parts) so I thought Id have enough nouse to give it a whirl and replace the catalytic converter on my Mk1 172 with a Devil de-cat. In short, I wished I hadnt. :(. Having a pit might help you quite a lot, but you still basically need unreasonably thin arms, exactly the right tools and the patience of Father Dowling. For the £40 your local garage will charge, I wouldnt think twice about it mate... If it knocks, bangs or leaks just keep taking it back to them until they sort it properly! Just my humble opinion of course.

Matt

unless you have small arms and hands a pair of ramps and patience i would say for the sake of 20 quid at an exhaust centre id let them do it. i fitted mine at work on a proper ramp and was a f**king nightmare the flange is tucked right up out of the way and there are plenty of obstructions. pig to do

easy in theory but fiddly in practice basically. pain in the ass if someone will fit it for 20 quid id save yourself the hassle and get them to

Elise/VX220/R26

take it to kwik fit or something. Two guys took 1/2 an hour to do mine that was with special long spanners etc. You can do it on your own its not *that* hard but for £25 Id rather let someone else have the stress!

Jonny did you get the Janspeed one with the 2 holes for the sensors? Did it all fit on ok with the sensors etc etc?

fred did mine in the dark on his driveway with the aid of a maglite and sockets that didnt fit he is a god we should all worship him:D

MEGANE

yes , janspeed no trouble works with the lambda pluged or unpluged. i think it seem better on fuel with second lambda pluged in?

Got it fitted at a garage glad i did i gave them a hand and what a task it was not too difficult just a pain in the arse. Only problem is know its got a slight knowing on a crossmember so its pissin me off a little..