ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Clio 172 not starting after clutch change

Clio 172
Hi guys, I have a 2003 172 and I changed the clutch over the weekend. Now it won't start, literally only giving me a crank of 5 seconds then Iwont crank no more.

I can't read any diagnostic codes in the engine ecu too but that could be my reader. Any help would be great, j changed the crank sensor before I done the clutch

330i. E30 Touring.
Sounds stupid, but battery?

Check the earths. Check all the sensors on the engine are plugged in.

Then do the usual, fuel, spark compression checks.

Mr R.

ClioSport Club Member
  A special one.
Any chance that you have damaged the new sensor when removing/refitting the gearbox?

Clio 172
Thanks for quick responses guys.

Crank sensor is plugged in ok. In regards to earths, the strap on the gearbox is ok, is there anymore? My imobilizer light stays solid red when ignition is on 3, is that normal?

The fuel pump isn't priming and only gives me
Short bursts of cranking before it won't let me do anymore ?

330i. E30 Touring.
If the immobiliser light isn't going out, there's your problem. Got a spare key? Try that.

Earths - there's another one over the back of the box that is easily missed.

Clio 172
I haven't got another key :( but was running fine before. Anyway of sorting that? Would that be why I can't read any codes too? I'll check that earth too. What should the light do?

Clio 172
Got them codes??

Attachments

• image.png
    image.png
    981.8 KB · Views: 120
  330i. E30 Touring.
I remember it being something like being inside the car, lock the car, then unlock it. Put key in ignition on number 2 for 30 seconds. Remove key. Lock car, unlock car.

Clio 172
Ok I'll give that a go when I get a chance. Is the imobilizer light defiantly meant to go off and not stay illuminated when the key is in the ignition?