ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Clio 172 phase 2

I went to see a clio 172 02 plate on the weekend. The car was in good condition and it had done 34000 mls. The owner said that it only needed an intermediate service at 36000. Is this true? I thought it needed a major service at 36000. Also it only had a cassete head unit which I found strange. I thought a cd unit was standard.

Pink & Blue 182, JDM DC2

Normal service plus Auxillary belt at 36,000. TBH its not that expensive. Should have a crappy Renault CD Player as standard.

You could choose to downspec the head unit in the Mk2 - in case you really needed to play tapes. For example, bought mine for the missus and we have millions of story tapes for the kids - now largely redundant in "modern" cars. We decided not to go for the downgrade as it would be a problem when it comes to selling.

G

2001 172,VW Touran

i have the crappy single disc head unit and a multi changer under the passenger seat