ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Clio 172 - wheel spec

Clio 172 Mk2 - I know the wheels are 7x16 but whats the offset? My wheels are stamped 7x16, then 48.5. Surely theyre not 7x16 ET 48.5?!!

Does anyone know the correct offset, and whether or not it should be changed when running 17s?

GR7

Shiny red R32

James, I dont know anything about offset but 17" wheels went straight on my car.

Thanks, but the offset is the most important bit as it determines how far the wheel sits in/out from the car. I dont suppose your 17s have 7x17 ET ?? stamped on them anywhere?

Silver Fabia vRS

Well the one I tested fitted on OK! I spoke to Autopart, the UK importer of ACE alloys, and my wheels are in the country and will be sent to R-Tec this week. Hopefully can get them fitted next week for France, cutting it fine though!

If you look on the gallery there is a MK2 172 with 18" on and these are ET40, the name of the guy in Patrick from Holland.

hahah, alopolies.....thats like when my dyslecsik (hehe) mate says tefphalone...hehe....hes so funny.

ET is the offset i.e. the distice the hub face of the wheels is from the centreline of the wheel in MM. you can get et 35 (35mm from teh centre of the wheel) and -et 35, where the hub face sits behind the centre line by 35mm.

GR7

Shiny red R32

Yes, and I have also been on the ET Ride at Universal Studios in Florida! ET is cute, but I still dont know what the other ET stands for!

Trophy

GR,

So far all i can find is that it means elapsed time but how this relates to the offset of a wheel im not sure?

Mat.

GR7

Shiny red R32

Thanks Matt. I dont think the others know what the initials really stand for!