ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Clio 182 Alarm

2004 182FF
I've just bought a 182 and, basically, can't find much info about the alarm. I know its a Cat 1 approved, and noticed the little motion cubes by each A pillar. And, by setting it off by opening the door as I blipped the key, it's the loudest alarm I've ever heard. But apart from that, not much info.

Main question: I on occasion hear 3 beeps as I lock, or unlock the car. I heard it earlier with all the doors shut as I locked it... and have heard it a few times after disarming it as I opened the door.

Is this normal? Is it linked up to a motion sensor? I'm still in 'overprotective of the new car' mode and just want to know the ins and outs, basically.

E46 M3
If you open the door too quickly after unlocking it will beep. Otherwise the beeps tell you it thinks something is open when you try to lock it.

Clio 182
3 beeps means you've turned the interior sensors off so you can leave the window open if it's a hot day etc but the doors are still alarmed.
To turn the sensors off you turn the the ignition to step one and off then step one and off again while the engine's off, then when you get out and lock it, 3 beeps, or 4. Can't remeber the reason for 4 beeps. Something to do with the immobiliser I read.

Clio 182
They're turned on automatically when you next lock the car, unless you turn them off again before locking

None
Three beeps is a fault in the system and only renault can sort it i think, there is a fault code on here somewhere to tell renault when you ring them but going by what they charge i won't be bothering.
when you press the button the ecu is telling the alarm that the ignition is still on and it takes too long to tell it otherwise, i think renault reduce the time so it activates sooner like it should.

Mine has done this from day one and it still pisses me off.......even if i wait 30 seconds or more!

Golf GTD Mk7
Ste i'll run it on CLIP for you for a small fee if you want to ease your mind ;)

3 beeps is usually caused by either the door being opened to quickly after deactivation, or is you arm the alarm too quickly after you have turned the engine off. Imobiliser related apparently.