ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Clio 182 boot ajar switch issue

2005 Clio 182 FF
Hi everyone,

As a new 182 owner I have a small intermittent issue with the boot door ajar switch. When I go over a few bumps it triggers the switch and the car thinks the boot is open. Its becoming a pain now as I have to mess with the metal part on the boot every time I park up or the damned buzzer under the bonnet sounds and wont switch off.

If I jiggle the metal ring part on the boot and then reopen/close a few times I can usually get it to think its closed but is there a way I can make it think the boot is closed regardless. i.e removing the upper part of the catch and shorting the wires on the connecter? Id rather do a quick fix at the moment then the missus can use the car without any issues when she parks up.

Thanks

2005 Clio 182 FF
Anybody? having to leave the car unlocked now and the chances of me getting a replacement boot catch/lock before xmas are slim to none.

2005 Clio 182 FF
Well I stripped the panel off the tailgate to see how big of a job is was to replace, disconnected the boot sensor and hey presto! Car thinks boot is now closed. At least I can lock my car again now. phew!

Coops Mk1

ClioSport Club Member
  Lots of Scrap...
be careful now with the autolock function, if you unlock the car and only open the boot, do not leave your keys on the parcel shelf.

if you do and close the boot the car will of autolocked on a timeout and you'll be stuck.........not that its happened to me................ :eek:

2005 Clio 182 FF
be careful now with the autolock function, if you unlock the car and only open the boot, do not leave your keys on the parcel shelf.

if you do and close the boot the car will of autolocked on a timeout and you'll be stuck.........not that its happened to me................ :eek:

Im very weary of locking my keys in as ive only got the 1. Need to find a local shop that does clones for not mega money.