ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Clio 182 cam belt side sound deadening loose

Clio 182 ff
After spending some time this afternoon under the bonnet I've found that what seems to be a piece of sound deadening? Grey carpet material which was wedged down by the cam belt. The bottom of it seems connected but the top is loose, I have lifted the corner closest to the front and there seems to be a fixing holejust in front of the headlight . Does anyone know what part I need to fix it into place?

Volvo S60 T5
Remove it , have seen this wrap around the aux belt and take engine out.
As long as your wheel arch trim is in good condition with the flappy bit on it , you should not have any trouble.
If it's just a bit loose ask you local dealer for mushroom wheel arch trim clips they are what's used to secure it.

Clio 182 ff
As long as your wheel arch trim is in good condition with the flappy bit on it , you should not have any trouble.
If it's just a bit loose ask you local dealer for mushroom wheel arch trim clips they are what's used to secure it.
Is it possible to remove easily? I think one side is connected I was just going to cable tie the top piece until the end of month when I'm having all the belts done

Clio 182 ff
I'm also now wondering if this is the cause for my whiring sound I've been having the past week

Volvo S60 T5
I wouldn't think it would cause your noise.
To remove it you will have to support engine and take off drivers side engine mount. Can be removed then.

182FF - Land Rover
Removed mine when I found it saggy. You can't really see this easily. It had a large established wear mark on it from the pulley it was touching! It's only sound deadening if your other guards are good.

Cue loads of people checking......

Clio 182 ff
To remove it you will have to support engine and take off drivers side engine mount. Can be removed then.
Thanks think I'll just reattach it till I get the shop to take it out as I haven't really got the equipment to support the engine at mine

Clio 182 ff
Would you say this looks right as to where it fits?

Attachments

• IMG_20181103_124321.jpg
    IMG_20181103_124321.jpg
    307.8 KB · Views: 68