ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Clio 182 Cup struggling to start

RyanS182

ClioSport Club Member
  RB Clio 200
So for the last few months my 182 has struggled to start occasionally. Turn the key and there’s a bit of stuttering before it’ll fire up, sometimes having to stop and give it another go. Other times it just fires straight away no problem whatsoever. Yesterday it wouldn’t start at all, tried 5/6 times and it was turning over fine but wouldn’t start.

Got hold of an OBD reader and plugged it in today no codes showing, car started straight away. Any ideas what this could be? Driver footwell was also soaking which I’ve not seen before but not sure that’ll be linked?

RyanS182

ClioSport Club Member
  RB Clio 200
Mine done this for about a year, I fitted a new battery and it hasn’t happened since.

Had a new battery in January 😖 mates a mechanic and seems to think it may be a crankshaft sensor but he’s going in for an operation tomorrow so isn’t able to have a look right away. Not sure if that’s a common thing with these?

R3k1355

ClioSport Club Member
Wet footwell might be a sign, could be some water ingress or some corrosion to wiring in that area. or behind the dash

You best pull the carpet and see what's going on.