ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Clio 182 head light problem

RenaultSport clio 182 mk3
i have a clio 182 just over a year old, it only has 6700 miles on the clock and now the front right hand head light has stopped working, i have taken it to renault how have said that the bulb will cost £90 which i think is rediculous, and dont know if its covered under warranty or not, they now say it needs to go in next week to have the front end taken off, does this mean it is the bulb thats gone or something else, if it is the bulb (xenon) does anyone know where to get one cheaper or has anyone else had this problem occur.

M.C..

ClioSport Club Member
if i was you i would phone renault uk up and ask them if it could be replaced under warrenty due to the mileage covered, and if you are anything like me most of my miles are done in daylight anyway.
as for the front end coming off not sure whats involved with replacing a xenon bulb but i have heard that it should be done by the dealer because of somthing to do with the high voltage pack.

thankyou very much

i shall contact them as i would think it should be covered, i even got told those kind of bulbs are supposed to be life time guaranteed

thanks anyway

yeah i thought so, i have just been on the phone to my mum who is an apprentice training officer for mechanics and know ever one in a renault dealers/garage near her from higher management to engineers as she has been going therer 10 years and is going to ask them wot they think, she will probably be able to pull a few strings and get them to put it under warranty if my local dealer wont.

so do you have a 182, have you made any mods? i have dropped it by only 15mm but it is on eibach springs and you can certainly tell the difference, tinted the windows, new stereo.
is there a K&N induction kit for the 182 yet?
and do you know any way of making it sound good with out doing anything major toi it?