ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Clio 182 in evo

FN2 Type R +MK6 Golf

The new 182 gets a mention in this months evo,saying that it shares all the stuff like the twin pipes and thats been discussed on here previously.

Also it says about new size tyres which are 205 45 16 and it even comes with a air con glove box.

What interested me the most was the two new cup versions starting at £14600 with optional suspension and different splitters for the front.Also the dash and seat belt stuff are different colours.

P.S according to evo as they went to press there was only one months supply of the cup left.

Regards,ian

Rich-D

ClioSport Club Member
  E90 LCI 330d

Quote: Originally posted by ian 172 on 01 December 2003

Also it says about new size tyres which are 205 45 16 and it even comes with a air con glove box.
So thats more weight theyre adding then... :confused:

More power, but more weight and I reckon there will be little or no advantage for anyone upgrading from a 172 to a 182.

What interested me the most was the two new cup versions starting at £14600 with optional suspension and different splitters for the front.Also the dash and seat belt stuff are different colours.
These are not Cup replacements though, it just gives the buyer the option to leave the car with a normal 172 style suspension setup, or go for the Cup suspension setup at additional cost. Plus they can also choose to have (again at extra cost) the larger rear spoiler & front splitter thats standard on a Cup...

P.S according to evo as they went to press there was only one months supply of the cup left.
That was at the time of going to press too, so be very few left now!

FN2 Type R +MK6 Golf

Quote: Originally posted by Zydered on 01 December 2003

THIS months EVO? hell im a subscriber, wheres my copy?!! :)
just arrived on my doormat in telford this a.m

Ian

Elise/VX220/R26

Quote: Originally posted by Zydered on 01 December 2003THIS months EVO? hell im a subscriber, wheres my copy?!! :)[/QUOTE]just arrived on my doormat in telford this a.mIan

Im a suscriber n all where mine. Think it must be my copy that youve got m8ty!

Evo has always been delivered-late to me - just annoying as youre guaranteeing (spelling?) them a years subscription or whatever and you can buy it sooner in the shops!

Quote: Originally posted by jonnyboy on 01 December 2003

Quote: Originally posted by Zydered on 01 December 2003

THIS months EVO? hell im a subscriber, wheres my copy?!! :)
just arrived on my doormat in telford this a.m

Ian

Im a suscriber n all where mine. Think it must be my copy that youve got m8ty!
I got mine this morning. I have, however, only just subscribed, so I am probably just being led into a false sense of security. ;)

Hey viceroy
I spoke to Laurent Marty, the Clio product manager at Renault SA. He told me the 182 will be available here in March 04 at around R200k.

Am still waiting for feedback on which of the Cup accessories will be available, but am seriously thinking of putting my name down for one in black with cup front/rear spoilers and maybe the cup chassis depending on cost.

I would recommend the Cup suspension if you are apt to spend any time at all on the track. The additional caster alone will save a bunch in tyre bills.