ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Clio 182 inferno project

Clio sport 182
Hello guys,

Just to introduce myself, I have been owning a little 182 ff orange inferno for 4 years (images attached).

To this day, the main mods have been installing a gorgeous ktec decat exhaust and replacing the OEM rims for the 172 ph1 OZ F1’s. Other than that, I have been mainly focused on regular servicing and enjoying the car (I think that personally, I have not arrived to the point to push the limits of the car to the point where I needed an stiffer suspension).

Quick route on the Pyrenees.
1C85ECD6-7E0A-4718-A966-98A6F43D67BD.jpeg

58CC4DA6-0611-4367-8E96-64E23D3808AD.jpeg

This one was while replacing the 15 year old headlinght bulbs to fresher ones.
C45E1C88-888C-43E5-9952-CCCA8773ABD9.jpeg

This one was replacing the exhaust for the Spanish MOT (a real pain in the ass).
836A9AFE-E17D-4CE9-B241-0B84D390420A.jpeg

And this one shows the unfinished trim of the gear lever, after installing the solid housing with the aim to get a more “precise” shifter feeling.
413849C7-E853-4FC5-A8DC-0948488B98C6.jpeg

Clio sport 182
But my love story with the clio did not end there.

After having the car almost for a year at the garage (as a student I could not afford the clutch replacement and I had other priorities in mind, so it had to wait...) I took the car to the mechanic, both to replace the clutch, timing and auxiliary belt, ignition coils, etc. with the intention to install some more goodies:

Detail of the new shifter, powerflex engine mount and steering bushes
1B87BBFA-2F87-4DD3-8848-7AD5B28D02AF.jpeg

... when a valve decided to fall and make a real mess at the cylinder (head completely destroyed, so was the piston etc)

Clio sport 182
So, and in the scenario of re-building the engine, I would ask you guys:

My intention was to replace the head and maybe installing some oversized pistons (once the engine block has been rectified), but some questions arise:

Is it worth installing a Clio 197/203 head? If so, are more internals (such as pistons or crankshaft) and ECU required?
Is it worth installing Clio 197/203 cams or the equivalent ktec/ cat cams on a new 182 head?

Giving that it will supose an expensive disbursement, I will appreciate if you guys could hel me on this. I have been searching along the forum but i have not being able to find a clear explanation on which configuration is the optimum

Thank you in advance,

F.