ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Clio 182 - Injector resistance

Clio 182
Hi all,

My Clio 182 has a slight misfire at idle, I have carried out an injector resistance test:

Injector 1 - 10.9ohms
Injector 2 - 11ohms
Injector 3 - 13.9ohms
Injector 4 - 13.9ohms

Is the resistance low enough on injector 1 and 2 to cause an issue?

Thank you

Mertin

ClioSport Club Member
  Ph1 172&Ph2 172 Cup
If the misfire is currently present then easiest way is to unplug each injector to see if it has any effect on the engine, if no change then theres your faulty one

Craigy69k

ClioSport Club Member
  2005 182 FF
Sorry for digging up again but a virtually unused set all 11.9 ohms, not been in the car for a while so does temp really make that much of a difference considering the current ones in the car are 14 odd with one at 12 which appears to causing a misfire?

Would the 11.9 set increase in resistance after being used in the car by much?

Louis

I Park Like a C**t
ClioSport Club Member
Sorry for digging up again but a virtually unused set all 11.9 ohms, not been in the car for a while so does temp really make that much of a difference considering the current ones in the car are 14 odd with one at 12 which appears to causing a misfire?

Would the 11.9 set increase in resistance after being used in the car by much?
Where have they been stored? If they're all identical i'd probably give them a go. They're genuine?

Craigy69k

ClioSport Club Member
  2005 182 FF
They are non gen and have used them previously in the car with no issues whilst diagnosing a similar problem.
Three decent gen in place now at 14.5 but one letting the team down at 12 with flashing eml

They have been stored in a box in a van so prob been exposed to some cold weather of recent though.

Interesting if they have dropped resistance to that extent? Will give them a try nothing to lose really

Louis

I Park Like a C**t
ClioSport Club Member
They are non gen and have used them previously in the car with no issues whilst diagnosing a similar problem.
Three decent gen in place now at 14.5 but one letting the team down at 12 with flashing eml

They have been stored in a box in a van so prob been exposed to some cold weather of recent though.

Interesting if they have dropped resistance to that extent? Will give them a try nothing to lose really
I wouldn't use non genuine, that'll be the reason they're all low resistance but the same. Wont be anything to do with the temperature

Craigy69k

ClioSport Club Member
  2005 182 FF
Righto just found it strange that they were all exactly the same resistance that's all. Will try and get a gen one later on, cheers

R3k1355

Absolute wetter.
ClioSport Club Member
For the price of a new set don't ever mess around with non-genuine.