ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

CLIO 182 pistons OEM (Type-C)

Blue 182
Hi Guys!
Looks like my first message here. English is not my native language. So, be kind please and irony/sarcasm are welcome :)

Decided to rebuild an engine of my Clio 182.
PXL_20220411_104751426.MP.jpg
- decided for Schrick cams as my old original warn out too much and to replace with OEM or Kolbenschmidt not interesting.

Mechanic surprised me with micro cracks in two pistons so pistons need as well. Do not consider forged so wanted to go with OEM but here is the catch... RENAULT EUROPE does not produce them anymore. It is not an option to order from dealership. In my case it is East Europe.
So first question for you guys.
1. Dos anybody knows which RENAULT/DACIA cars have similar pistons or maybe any aftermarket? If there is such.
- LAGUNA II (2004-) with 2.0 petrol engine is not an option. The same situation. Not available.
- There is RENAULT (DACIA) DUSTER for Russian market who has 2.0 petrol engine with probably the same pistons but due to latest news it is not option as well...to get anything from RENAULT RUSSIA
- Tried Kolbenschmidt/Mahle but could not find in their catalogues or in other words there are pistons 82.7 mm but no one said it is going to fit as there are more data need.

2. And following question regarding to picture attached. As far as I understand these are Type-C pistons du to symbol "C" on piston. I just can not figured out what means those numbers: 129.05? Asking as three of the pistons have numbers 129.05 and one 175.05. Do not know whether it is important information for choosing correct pistons.

So will appreciate by pointing with finger to any direction to try to solve this piston question. Forged from Wiseco would be the last choice as I will us it mainly for roads, gravel roads and icy forest roads :))
Thank you very much for any response in this topic.

Attachments

• IMG_20180804_190618.jpeg
    IMG_20180804_190618.jpeg
    905.6 KB · Views: 53

Radugns

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio 172 ph2
Different markings C B means different size in order to fulfill the bore needs.

Only 197 pistons will increase the cr, to around 12.2:1 when using bare 182 engine.

I will reply in the evening with more info if you need, or pm me.

Best,
Radu