ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Clio 182 - Reg: M100CUP

My first post as a new member:

K-Tec are building a hillclimb and sprint car for me using a rather neglected Clio 182 as a basis - its in a rather nifty French Racing Blue colour and its registration number is M100CUP.
The car is currently covered in about 2 inches of dust and debris and doesn't look as though its moved for about a year. I believe it was once supercharged but the engine has blown ...
The current spec is quite good for developing into a fun competition car -
  • Wilwood brakes
  • GAZ coilovers
  • Half cage
  • Quaife ATB diff
  • Nice Carbon seats
  • Cheap harnesses :-(
  • Nice steering wheel
  • Sports CAT
  • K-Tec exhaust
  • 17 inch Team Dynamics wheels, etc
For hillclimbing and sprinting I plan the following mods:
  • An engine (!) - talked this through with K-Tec the can provide and fit a reconditioned engine with upgraded 'Cat Cams 438' cams and set up on their dyno. Should be about 195 BHP with all new belts, de-phaser (spelling?) and water pump. They offered me a 215 BHP option but that involves fitting throttle bodies - quite expensive when you add in a management system .
  • New bonnet (the one that's currently fitted has a huge air scope which would fail the silhouette regulations)
  • Proper Harnesses - 4 point, 3 inch belts
  • Mintex 1144 pads
  • Upgraded engine and gearbox mounts (K-Tec)
  • Fit a back seat (required for 'road going' class regulations)
  • 15 inch 'speedline' wheels with Toyo R888s
  • First event planned for the Torbay MC sprint at the Clay Pigeon circuit, near Dorchester, in early July (if K-Tec can get the engine ready)
My first question - does anyone know the history to this car? It would be nice to know a little about it as I will start a history file showing the car in its original and modified condition.

Thanks in advance,
Graham

M100Cup.jpg

Pic attached: