ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

clio 182 seats in a 1.2 and the air bag and serv light have come on

renault clio 1.2
i just put clio 182 seats in my 2002 clio 1.2, the serv light and airbag light have come on, is this linked? if so is there a way around it? thanks

Bluebeard

ClioSport Moderator
  Whichever has fuel
Turn on your ignition, put your hands under the passenger seat, wiggle the wire connectors and it will go out.

Common problem mate.

renault clio 1.2
ahh right :) thanks mate,
any ideas if the connectors are diffarent with the clio sports seats connecting to the clio 1.2?
thanks

renault clio 1.2
i didnt fit the seats, i had my mate do it for me, but im pretty sure he didn't put them in because the connection was different
thanks

It depends if your old Clio seats had airbags in.
Because the sport seats have airbags actually in the seats, and if your old seats didn't your airbag light will be on even if you did plug them in, because of the difference in resistance.
I think that's why anyway.

My airbag light stays on I've done the same as you.

renault clio 1.2
ahh right, so does your serv light stay on aswell? someone told me you can buy something in maplins to change the resistance, dont know how it works, i think im just being to fussy, thanks mate

Yea serv light comes on because the airbag light is on. As soon as I put my old seats back in it went off, so mine is definitely because of the seats, because as far as I could I wired them up the same.

Yea you can sort it, people have done it when they've installed bucket seats with resistors pushing into the plugs.
But I can't really be bothered lol.

i have the same problem, 02 dymanique clio, service light stays on, airbag light doesnt though. did you manage to get yours off?