ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Clio 182 Thumb grips

Renaultsport Clio182
Hi just wondering where is the best place to get thumb grips for my steering wheel. 80quid seems a bit steep for two bits of rubber or is this the going rate?

cheers Ben

BG 182
£85 for carbon ones with a carbon bit for the centre bottom of the wheel too.

Am tempted.. But find it hard to drop that money on something so small!

Daniel

ClioSport Moderator
  Whichever has fuel
£80 for cheap looking ill fitting thumb grips, or £120 for a freshly trimmed wheel from that guy on here!

No brainer!

I was just about to post this too, my rubber bits flapping around everywhere. Its gonna be bodged with grip fill and shoe goo by the sound of things then...

Do steering wheels off newer clios fit on? And are they smaller? Mines like a f**king pizza plate

BG 182
Can anyone tell me if I'm missing the grips from my wheel?

null_zps07694da1.jpg

I've only just bought it, and not driven any other 182s so not sure if this is normal or theres something missing. Feels horrible, and the leather keeps coming up there when I'm driving.

BG 182
No, yours has had the grips removed, so its just got the bare plastic that the grips sit on.

Thought so. Not sure what to do with it really, until I save a few pennies and get that chap on here to retrim it.. It's very annoying!

Arctic Blue 182 FF
Photo-0666.jpg
I bought my carbon grips from a member on here for £50 and they do come up in the for sale section now and again,but mine are glued to the old rubber ones and fit fine,if the rubber was missing i think they wouldnt fit/look as good

Fiesta ST2 MP215
Not sure if I missed something with these but mine peeled off as they all do but a bit of Gorilla glue ( made from real Gorillas ) later and they stuck back down perfectly.

182/RS2/ Turbo/Mk1
Rubber is comfy and grippy, carbon is neither.
Leather is acceptable as a swap like on the retrim IMHO.

BG 182
It's 'Uni Bond Power Putty' so like Fibreglass. Could easily make them and rather than spend hours sanding could just cover them in Leather.. Easily remove them and recover in leather if it wears.

BG 182
Thanks!

Could make them a little smaller and cover them in rubber I guess. Depends how you'd want to finish them.. I done mine in the same colour as the car.