ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Clio 182 tough start and weird idle

FF Orange Clio 182
Hey guys I'm having some intermittent issues with my Clio 182. The problems started a few months ago.

The car turns over but doesn't fire, sometimes it takes a couple of goes to get it working and like yesterday morning I needed to turn the ignition on, wait for the pumps (idk if they are pumps or not, whatever primes when you turn the ignition on) to do whatever they need to do and rinse and repeat 3 times.

Yesterday when driving across the forecourt to join a queue of traffic the revs were going from 1100 up to 1500ish and the back down again. When sat in traffic the revs were doing the same thing. A couple minutes later it was fine.

Now a couple of months before this the car sometimes eventually didn't start at and refused to turn over after a few attempts and needed a pushstart to get it going (hooking up leads to another car didn't work afaik). I did a full oil change and the issues seemed to go away (possibly directly/indirectly related, possibly not).

I have RS tuner remap but I think it's unrelated as issues were happening before I put that on.

As I said it's intermittent so sometimes it starts instantly, sometimes it turns over for two seconds before starting, sometimes it takes a couple of attempts. 8/10 times it starts fine.

Any ideas? If you need more info just let me know and I'll get you it.

Thanks, Oliver