ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Clio 182 vs New Cooper S

Clio 182ff
Well, i agree with the OP - I went out last December to buy a Cooper S after a few months of looking, research and drives. I thought I would test drive the 182 as a comparison a day before to make sure, as it was cheaper.

However, the 182 grabbed me by the balls like a nemfo thai hooker and said 'I love you long time mister Sean!'. It was a powerful arguement and so I bought it there and then lol.

Renault Clio 182
People get a little defensive when it comes to clio comparisons. What we're forgetting is that the Mini is nearly 3 times more then the clio. If you really want to go faster then the mini stick a supercharger in and other mods and still have some change left to buy another daily driver.

The Clio is unbelievable value for money, and I love value for money.

MCS R56
People get a little defensive when it comes to clio comparisons. What we're forgetting is that the Mini is nearly 3 times more then the clio. If you really want to go faster then the mini stick a supercharger in and other mods and still have some change left to buy another daily driver.

The Clio is unbelievable value for money, and I love value for money.

What Mini is three times more than the 182, or are we talking second hand?

Mini Cooper S
This one ;)

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/motoring/article-1261757/The-30-000-chrome-car-buyers-drive.html

article-0-08EB152A000005DC-91_634x483.jpg

172 Cup
I've had a 58 plate Cooper S for the last 7 months or so and i couldn't stand it.
I thought the ride was very uncomfortable. (the feeling of the car on the road and also the seats) I drive Gatwick-Bristol every other weekend and the seats kill your back after about 90mins. MPG is also dire. Economy driving on the motorway and still returning only 32mpg?! Bootspace and space is the back is laughable. The huge speedo is ugly and pointless for two reasons. It's in the middle of the car and there's a digital speedo directly above the steering wheel.
It's so solid which is a good thing but takes away an essence of the fun.
£20k new and that's not even with all the extras!

Now gone back to a 172.

Astra SRI/ Hornet
I wrote a road story a while back about a new mcw and every1 said when I edged it it must not of been 1 but he now hangs around in my area and I had abit of crack with him and it is a true mcs and he said him and his mate were really shocked how fast my Clio was and what mods I'd done. So either ya can get good and bad cars like rs's or there just not as quick as people think.
Just my experience with the new mini, only 1 I've had sport with.

MCS R56
I've had a 58 plate Cooper S for the last 7 months or so and i couldn't stand it.
I thought the ride was very uncomfortable. (the feeling of the car on the road and also the seats) I drive Gatwick-Bristol every other weekend and the seats kill your back after about 90mins. MPG is also dire. Economy driving on the motorway and still returning only 32mpg?! Bootspace and space is the back is laughable. The huge speedo is ugly and pointless for two reasons. It's in the middle of the car and there's a digital speedo directly above the steering wheel.
It's so solid which is a good thing but takes away an essence of the fun.
£20k new and that's not even with all the extras!

Now gone back to a 172.

I agree but I think they just trying to keep some of the original Mini features. They are too funky for my liking but suit girls perfectly!:rasp: Quality cars but I'd always opt for the Clio.

ph1 172
ive always liked the mini but its a girls car, whenever i see one im lookin too see a hot chick drivin it, but nowadays they are so popular u tend to see them 40 sumthin yr old types tryin to look young and cool...
there is a dealership in glasgow that has only female sales people, that says it all....

zcars mini , now that is a mini.

None
I think the whole point here is that even if the mini was a better or faster car it wouldn't matter because no one is ever going to look at a mini in the same way as an rs clio.........it's the same reason i would have a 15k v6 clio over a 45k porsche even though the porsche wins hands down on paper.

120d M Sport
I think the whole point here is that even if the mini was a better or faster car it wouldn't matter because no one is ever going to look at a mini in the same way as an rs clio.........it's the same reason i would have a 15k v6 clio over a 45k porsche even though the porsche wins hands down on paper.

Sure about that? As much as I am an RS Clio fan, there are plenty out there who would mistake it for just an ordinary Clio.

The Mini is the more desirable car as proved by its used values!

None
Sure about that? As much as I am an RS Clio fan, there are plenty out there who would mistake it for just an ordinary Clio.

The Mini is the more desirable car as proved by its used values!

Maybe but my point being that hairdressers don't have a reputation for buying rs clio's........you want refinement and luxury then by all means buy the mini, the real driving enthusiast would pick a trophy over a cooper s anyday!..........these are not two cars you should compare, they are too different.